Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A2 Buttstock Data Thread

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

A2 Buttstock Data Thread

2023 Colt AR15A4 takeoff stock, black
    --note the Colt trap door is a completely different design from PRI and Bushmaster
    12.3oz

2023 Bushmaster A2 stock (discontinued greyish model) sold with buffer tube, A2 spacer, rifle buffer and spring (CS) direct from Bushmaster
    12.4oz

2023 PRI A2 stock FDE sold with buffer tube, A2 spacer, rifle buffer and spring (spring is black) direct from PRI
    --when you install the stock the gap at the top closes once you have tension on the screw
    15.4oz

KAC M110 FDE, circa 2011
    17.6oz
    Last edited by ryanm; 12-12-23 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pics don’t work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have one A2 stock in all of my set ups. I honestly don't know if it's a Colt or Bushmaster or what. The only reason I have that one is because the ACOG allows me to shoot with the excess L.O.P. from the A2 stock.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have one A2 stock in all of my set ups. I honestly don't know if it's a Colt or Bushmaster or what. The only reason I have that one is because the ACOG allows me to shoot with the excess L.O.P. from the A2 stock.
    Did pics open for you Mark? Troubleshooting issue but definitely working across my devices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Pics don’t work.
    Not showing up for me on Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    pics are fine!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not sure why they don't show on tapatalk, just installed to see what you were seeing. Works on Firefox, Bing, and Safari across PC/Mac/Android/iOS. Might be an issue with how M4C is configured to work with tapatalk but I am definitely not a mod/admin here. I used discord to share links which typically works well.
    Last edited by ryanm; 12-12-23 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I can see the pics

Feedback Score
    Pics work for me.

The Bushmaster stock body looks more like my Colt's as ordered through Brownells a couple years back. Pictured Colt butt plate and trap door is still the same. The Bushmaster butt plate and trap door is the same as the commercial type RRA/Windham Weaponry ones.

Now that PRI stock looks nearly identical (going off memory) to the FDE UTG A2 stock I installed for someone a few years back. I also remember that it felt heavier yet cheaper in plastic feel than the real deal A2 stocks. Even came with a black painted spring if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 12-12-23 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    Actually I do see some difference in the older Colt butt plates.

The ones I've had from a couple years ago look like this. > https://www.apexgunparts.com/colt-ar...lymer-new.html

I prefer the commercial RRA/Windham/Bushmaster type trap door and butt plate in every way. That is if I don't use my own 90's era NOS surplus A2 butt plates and NOS aluminum A2 trap doors.

Just to add to this thread. Any "AA" markings on the receiver tabs of any of your A2 stocks? > https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/A2...on/127-783942/

And maybe you might want to try the "mil-spec" one from WOA next? From the pics on their site it looks like the Colts I have but without the grey/silver dry film lube applied. >https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/a2-...ssemblies.html
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 12-12-23 at 14:34.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast