Thread: Which way to mount a Bobro mount ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Which way to mount a Bobro mount ?

So, I am bouncing my Romeo5 off my APC9 that I had handy at the time, and since shuffled some optics and am putting a T1 on the B&T.

I checked Bobro website and some pics, and most put the lever on the left side of the optic and gun as I have it. It seems to make more sense to be on the other side. Maybe this was to stay out of the way off ejection patterns or charging handle? My T1 with its ancient Larue mount is mounted otherwise, see pics. Seems like a when the gun is running off a sling it would be best on the right side of weapon?

Anyone have an opinion or am I splitting hairs? Also, you have an opinion on optic height. I am comfortable with both heights. I thought I might switch mounts but after placing the T1 on the gun, it feels good as is.

Anywho, this is how it will sit moving forward unless someone enlightens me. I did remove that cover that caused a touch more tunnel that I noticed.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-13-23 at 15:24.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I mount mine with the lever on the left as you have in your photos. My slings are on the right up front and left on the rear as I am primarily left handed. I have a strong preference for taller mounts and have replaced most of my 1/3 cowitness mounts (my Bobro is the last one) with 1.93” and taller ones. My primary RDS gun has 2.26” Unity mount and I don’t see going back.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 12-13-23 at 15:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Bobro magnified optics mounts I have are designed to put the release on the left side, so it’s likely that’s the way their T2 mounts would operate as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback guys,

Titsonritz,

1/3 cowitness was the tallest mount I ever owned until some guy sold me a Unity mount and optic for a steal. I have been surprised how well I have enjoyed shooting it. I call it my Eiffel Tower gun, it has the cowitness irons under the optic. We have it on a blaster 10.5, hell Ill get a pic up. Im bored.

This was my M4gery weapon until it got corrupted. Fck I tried.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-13-23 at 15:52.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have had neck/shoulder injuries and have found shooting in the “heads up” position to be substantially more comfortable especially during multi day classes.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That makes a lot of sense. Watching new shooters will hurt your neck just observing. I've had that lately.

PB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a bobro for my aimpoint pro and the lever is on the left. I got mine used, it looks like when you order new they let you pick what side you want it one for the mount I have.

As for the hight, I had been using the lower 1/3 as it was but then put it on top of a half inch yhm riser to see what the fuss is about these tall mounts. So far I like it, I'm just a regular Joe so I don't have any professional/ work related experience with it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys,

Titsonritz,

1/3 cowitness was the tallest mount I ever owned until some guy sold me a Unity mount and optic for a steal. I have been surprised how well I have enjoyed shooting it. I call it my Eiffel Tower gun, it has the cowitness irons under the optic. We have it on a blaster 10.5, hell Ill get a pic up. Im bored.

This was my M4gery weapon until it got corrupted. Fck I tried.

PB
    I remember when my 10.3 looked nice and light like that... then I put a bunch of junk on it!

Some day I want to make another upper for it and keep it simpler. Still fun to shoot but much beefier than it was.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I like my Bobro mounts on the left side of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    If possible I try to position levers to the rear to lessen the snag hazard.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis