Thread: FN 502T

Feedback Score

FN 502T

I’ve wanted a good training pistol that really mimics a full size centerfire handgun for a very long time. Problem is they’ve all sucked. Sig Mosquito? Jamomatic. My Walther P22 couldn’t get through a single mag. The Ruger MK III/IV and Browning’s Buckmark are excellent but they have their own manual of arms. Fun to shoot on their own but not really practice pistols. So when Sig and FN entered the market I got a little excited. When I got my first look at the FN 502 I got really excited. Then I discovered it was made by Umarex and it was like getting punched in the balls. So I sat on the sidelines for a couple of years. Then a couple of weeks ago I got to handle and shoot one at my club and I was impressed enough to order one. I fed an entire brick through it over the weekend and I have to say if you’re letting the Umarex thing get to you…..don’t. It appears to be a great little gun. I had maybe half a dozen failures to fire….all due to the ammo. The gun itself was flawless. Moreover, if you own an FN 509 like I do it’s about as close as you can get to the same feel and function. I think FN hit a home run.

What I love: Feel, reliability, accuracy, trigger. Worth mentioning that the single action trigger is amazing. Real , one piece threaded barrel. No POI shift suppressed. Cycles subsonic ammo.

What I don’t like: suppressed blowback comes up through the loaded chamber view port and dirties up the red dot significantly. Keep a rag handy.

My advice if you’re on the fence? Do it.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

With my other tactical trainer. I love shooting .22lr

Feedback Score
    Another reliable option is always a good thing. I like the idea of having something in 22 to train with to reduce ammo costs, not perfect but helps get repsin

I have a Taurus tx22 that has been fantastic. I just put 400 rounds through it the other day without one failure. The things just runs. My buddy just text me about a 22 pistol and i sent a link to the TX22, will let him know about the FN as well. I was skeptical about the Taurus as you were Umarex, but seems like some are figuring things out

Shoutout to my Tippman Arms M4-22 i bought as a trainer as well. I was skeptical on them because i thought they were a paintball brand, but really impressed. They have a firearms division now and put out some good stuff. Their 9mm gaitling gun looks awesome if i had the budget for a toy. I like the m4-22 a good bit better than the mp15-22 i had

Feedback Score
    I run a dedicated Nordic upper and Black Dog mags for M4 training purposes. Runs like a top. I didn’t care for the S&W M&P 15 either. Runs fine but felt cheap….like a toy. But I kept it to give to my granddaughter down the road a bit.

Feedback Score
    I have a Umarex conversion kit for the Beretta 92 and it runs flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    Glad you like it.

.22's are good for malfunction practice.

Feedback Score
    I have had a multitude of .22 pistols, all fun to shoot, and, they were great for malfunction practice, as a previous poster duty noted. Recently purchased a Colt 1911 rail gun made in Germany by Walther, 12 rd mags and as noted, the 1911 look and feel. Have shot approx 600-700 rds without issue. Shocking but true. No issues at all to date, and fun AF to shoot!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ive been tempted to buy the Tx22 that so many guys run locally. Seems to be reliable as well. I have so many 22 rifles but just rarely shoot them. I do like my S&W 15-22, and yes it feels like a toy. But it runs like a champ.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"