Thread: S&W Model 29 Classic-Internal Lock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Good grief.

I have a new make 686+ that's been great.

I paid $40 for the machined & polished button, removed the lock and plugged the hole.

Now I don't have to worry about it and it looks fine.

Guys will spend $700 on an electronic optic, $250 for an optic cut & custom refinish, $250 on as rail, $100 for a rail fitting that holds a flashlight on, $40 for an HK pistol magazine.

But $40-$50 to prevent their $600-1000 S&W from malfunctioning and make it look like it hasn't been altered? NO!!!!!! It's SO hard! I CAN'T afford it! Why God?!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Good grief.

I have a new make 686+ that's been great.

I paid $40 for the machined & polished button, removed the lock and plugged the hole.

Now I don't have to worry about it and it looks fine.

Guys will spend $700 on an electronic optic, $250 for an optic cut & custom refinish, $250 on as rail, $100 for a rail fitting that holds a flashlight on, $40 for an HK pistol magazine.

But $40-$50 to prevent their $600-1000 S&W from malfunctioning and make it look like it hasn't been altered? NO!!!!!! It's SO hard! I CAN'T afford it! Why God?!

I don't think its the money, its the hassle and worry someone is going to mess up your nice gun. Do tell where you got it done, what parts you bought/where and where you sent it to get done. The entire process lined out.......and shoot us a pic. Im interested if it aint no thing.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I don't think its the money, its the hassle and worry someone is going to mess up your nice gun. Do tell where you got it done, what parts you bought/where and where you sent it to get done. The entire process lined out.......and shoot us a pic. Im interested if it aint no thing.

PB
    Someone with your skills can easily do it yourself PB.

I don't show it explicitly in this video, but if you take it down to this level it will virtually just fall out on its own.

https://vimeo.com/788900871?share=copy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Did it myself. I'm no gun smith.

Here is one video. I bought his hole-filling part, too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI8r27Hp90

https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-kit.html