Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Romeo 5, Fakes

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sig Romeo 5, Fakes

I ordered a Sig Romeo5 off Amazon and a buddy told me about fakes/knock offs. He sent me the video and they are hard to tell if you didn't know, but easy if you do after watching the video. Well I check my Amazon account and this one I ordered came straight up came from CHINA.

I have studied the shit out of this thing and I think its legit. I checked everything the video suggested and mine is spot on and compared to others at home. Only the writing seemed a bit shiny but that might be because its new. Shit I wanted it to be fake and bust them and send back but maybe not, I am going to take to my LGS and compare finishes as my last stand.

Anyway, for those of you whom don't like your Romeo5, there might be a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Prdxg5xDk

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I do not buy anything firearm related or really anything of value from Amazon. The entire site is rife with counterfeits from clothing to gun sights to “medicine.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did the exact same as you around a year ago. Checked out the video then determined mine to be legit.

When I buy this sort of stuff from Amazon, which isn't often, I look at the sellers and try to stick with firearms related sellers, even though it can be hard to determine who exactly is selling sometimes, which is ridiculous.

You are indeed correct, lots of counterfeits out there, so buyer beware.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Same thing is happening in the jewelry trade. Accounts selling man made diamonds as almost as good. Can get a bigger diamond, clearer etc for same cash.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I ordered a Sig Romeo5 off Amazon and a buddy told me about fakes/knock offs. He sent me the video and they are hard to tell if you didn't know, but easy if you do after watching the video. Well I check my Amazon account and this one I ordered came straight up came from CHINA.
    Ok but which country do you think the genuine Romeo 5 comes from ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Ok but which country do you think the genuine Romeo 5 comes from ?
    It's about a product meeting the specs to get Sig's name/branding. The same country doesn't mean the same product.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Same thing is happening in the jewelry trade. Accounts selling man made diamonds as almost as good. Can get a bigger diamond, clearer etc for same cash.

PB
    Funny you say that.....I bought the old lady a diamond upgrade earlier this year. They tried selling me the whole man made BS to which I responded. I want a real flipping diamond and I want a picture of the little African who mined it.

- Not sure they knew how to take that one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's about a product meeting the specs to get Sig's name/branding. The same country doesn't mean the same product.
    I have looked at several products that I know are made in China, but not too sure about ordering direct from the manufacturer. I sure don't have any problem cutting out the middleman in that scenario if I am getting the same product.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-21-23 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Creating fakes of an already budget optic strikes me as an odd choice.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Wait are you saying Sig makes better red dot than Holosun?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast