Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And I thought our.gov was out of touch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The complete "F' You" being given to the Administration in Manila has went International now with NBC, CBS and Fox now interviewing the Jeepney Driver's refusing to stop driving their routes.
    I traveled from Malasiqui to Saint Fabian. From Saint Fabian to Manila and ended in Antipolo about 12 + hours of travel on Buses and Jeepneys there is no slowdown in traffic by Jeepneys.
    That warms my heart.
    Replacing Jeepneys with the Golf Carts only means 5 times as many vehicles are on the road putting out exhaust and slowing traffic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Claims and counter claims and compromise.
    Manila says almost 60% of the Jeepney Driver's joined the program to sign on and promise to upgrade their Jeepneys.
    Fairs have gone up almost a buck which is a bit steep for your Average Filipino.
    Now an extension has been given to February 1st to register for the engine upgrade program.

I believe Manila is obscuring the facts and few Drivers have signed up and the press is running cover for the current Administration in Manila.
    Jeepney Driver's have went rogue and DGAF.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I believe Manila is obscuring the facts and few Drivers have signed up and the press is running cover for the current Administration in Manila.
    Jeepney Driver's have went rogue and DGAF.
    That sounds familiar.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So the Jeepney's have supposedly been registered and regulated until the Jeepney's can be modified to pass European emission standards.
    Apparently no one can or will currently enforce this. The only radical observable change is a 50 peso (1 buck equals 56 pesos) average increase in the price of a jeepney ride.
    The political infighting Manila is making the papers pretty heavily. One Political Party is claiming that the other has been monkeying with the European emission standards and showing favoritism in who's getting a pass on all of this.
    On the practical side one reporter interviewed a high ranking anonymous Bank Official who said, there is no chance he or his Bank would loan money to Jeepney
    Operators. Just too much risk at 2 million Pesos per Jeepney and potentially 10k Jeepneys in Manila and it's suburbs.
    All of that kind of flies in the face of the Philippine Government's plan to reduce pollution by shutting down the Jeepney's.
    In the meantime the Jeepney's are still operating. I rode on 4 today going to Mass and then retrieving a missing umbrella.
    I love this place because it seems to be run by Pirates.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Manila's Traffic has become the worst traffic in the world for two weeks now. I have no doubt this is a direct result of Jeepney restrictions.
    The traffic in and around Metro Manila is so bad President Marcos took a military helicopter to a "Coldplay" concert and was called out on it by the Artists and the Crowd.
    You're beginning to see a couple changes:
    A) Nobody's running alone anymore, every Jeepney driver has a guy, (or sometimes a Substantial Woman)
    Collecting fares and who also acts as "Bouncer".
    B) They've conducted some very creative protests to include driving multiple vehicles onto bridges, disabling them and walking away .
    C) There is now a "Black market" sticker out there that is a 100% exact replica of the one used by the government to certify Jeepney's to continue to operate.
    Fares have went up as much as 25 pesos a one way ride for the average Filippino. Which is a real budget buster for a lot of these folks.
    Some .gov Official printed a story about how easy it is to pay off a new Jeepney at 2 million Php's. You have to work 7 days a week, every week for something like 9 years and make a premium wage. No days off and no downtime for maintenance, when someone pointed out that fuel was not budgeted in to this grand scheme the article was pulled in shame.

It looks like the .gov got the plan for all of this from a very bad source and now is scrambling to 'Save Face"
    They've tried their best to replace the Jeepney's, but it's not working, it is actually making the problem much worse.

The only way this could be worse is if they were demanding all electric vehicles.
    Joe Biden would Love It.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think you meant to say the government got a plan and kickback scheme they liked…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I think you meant to say the government got a plan and kickback scheme they liked…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imagine a public transportation system that evolved since WWII. It ran completely on the free enterprise system of market pressures. The Jeepney's went where there was the most Traffic and profits for the Owner/Operators.
    Someone, likely fresh out of College has an elder whisper in their ear that they could be famous for fixing this messy (messy looking from the outside) system and correcting the chaos.
    In the meantime the old hand who did all the whispering is set to become very, very wealthy off of all of this because Win, Lose, or Draw he's going to get paid very well from the Anarchy he forced on the Public.

Does any of this sound like Electric Cars and Joe Biden to you? Because it sounds just like it to me

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Someone in the Philippine House recently again ran the numbers and declared this whole mess an impossible event. It simply cannot and will not happen.
    And now they've given the Jeepney's until June to register.
    Between the realization that individual Members of the House have had and President Marcos commandeering as military helicopter to avoid traffic on his way to a concert, the realization that they may need to slow their roll and enjoy quaint parts of their history is becoming apparent.
    This is a textbook example of how not to run a Country.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234