Thread: Shockwave Magpul SGA OAL (over all length)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Shockwave Magpul SGA OAL (over all length)

Maybe my Google foo sucks, but can’t find an overall length on the inner web of a shockwave with a Magpul SGA stock installed (with no spacers). Of course I’m filing a form 1… any help appreciated as I’m having my trust updated tomorrow and attorney is throwing in the filing for my SBS.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-28-23 at 14:09.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would just add the length of the stock to the length of the Shockwave sans grip.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Obviously I don't have one yet but Magpul "says" 12.3" for the SGA stock. Just thought it might be a common build.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-28-23 at 21:40.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So Shockwave is 22” less birds head. Shortest Magpul SGA configuration is 12.3”. So 34” OAL it seems.

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So Shockwave is 22” less birds head. Shortest Magpul SGA configuration is 12.3”. So 34” OAL it seems.
    That seems like a fair estimate.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Make sure that works.

I had a "Nightstick" 590a1 and I recall reading that standard 500/590 stocks would not mount to the receiver for some reason.

Perhaps I'm confused with something else but check into that.

Mine was a good gun but I decided I was done with slide-action shotguns. My favorites are doubles and SXS's.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-01-24 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Seems the Magpul SGAs do bolt up.

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Make sure that works.

I had a "Nightstick" 590a1 and I recall reading that standard 500/590 stocks would not mount to the receiver for some reason.

Perhaps I'm confused with something else but check into that.

Mine was a good gun but I decided I was done with slide-action shotguns. My favorites are doubles and SXS's.
    I think the fore end didn't work without modification. Stock was fine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Will be doing the Shockwave specific TL-racker up front. You do have to purchase the specific one.

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I think the fore end didn't work without modification. Stock was fine.
    That might be what I was thinking of.

I put the Streamlight forend on mine. New owner loves it.