Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot my KAC 11.5 today, seemed gassed pretty good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Shot my KAC 11.5 today, seemed gassed pretty good.

Took out the newish KAC 11.5 today and shot it with and without a can. It tossed the brass at 4:00 with can and without can. Very comfortable to shoot, lightweight and handy. Maybe my other AR's are heavy.

I ran my KAC can but this can will go back to my 16 inch gun and I will try a DT Sig 556 can until my SF SOCOM arrives. That small CQB can was a bit barky on that short gun for the shooter. Behind the shooter it was no issue. Nevertheless, the new can will be welcomed by all.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-31-23 at 14:14.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Good to hear. I have considered that upper but my OCD would make me want the lower as well and I never seem to find one available. How do you like the M5S?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like it. It’s interesting, it sits lower than 1/3 cowitness but higher than cowitness. Typical great Aimpoint.

Yea I bought a stripped KAC lower years ago. Should have bought a few. Having that sitting on my shelf for years was a big reason I went with the upper.

PB

Feedback Score
    I like it. Simple and clean but with great parts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Shot my KAC 11.5 today, seemed gassed pretty good.

Very nice!
    That would work great as a HD and CQB ready rifle.
    Last edited by 202; 01-02-24 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Love it!

I am kinda fascinated by these because they have, from what I have seen in person, a carbine length gas system (not the famed intermediate length on the 14.5 & 16" barrels). Yet the two I have shot are *really* smooth and very well gassed, also.

Nearly like they have a BRT gas tube in them already.

I wonder why that is?

Great gun, PB. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle. Anyone know where to find the KAC internal components for the stripped non-ambi KAC lower? Have the complete KAC upper and stripped lower and nothing else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralfabco View Post
    Nice rifle. Anyone know where to find the KAC internal components for the stripped non-ambi KAC lower? Have the complete KAC upper and stripped lower and nothing else.
    You will need to get on all the notification lists of the different distributors that sell KAC parts. You will have to piece it together piece by piece and it will likely take a while. I do know that Buds, Midway & I believe Operation Parts recently got a few KAC small parts in. Also, if you see something buy it because it will be gone very quickly.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the information.

Does anyone know if the KAC ambi-selector will work with the non-ambi KAC lower ?

I have the non-ambi KAC lower.

Any other information I should know when searching for parts?
    Last edited by ralfabco; 01-19-24 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralfabco View Post
    Thank you for the information.

Does anyone know if the KAC ambi-selector will work with the non-ambi KAC lower ?

I have the non-ambi KAC lower.

Any other information I should know when searching for parts?
    Yes, KAC semi auto selector will work in any mil spec lower. I wouldn’t get too hung up on trying to source all KAC parts. That’s gonna be a tall order. a BCM LPK, Colt or Schmid ambi safety and a Geissele trigger will set you up with a really solid lower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast