Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You have just been hired to run Glock for the next 5 years....what do you do?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    IIRC the grip angle was almost identical to the Luger and was chosen for pointability. Not that different from SIGs, Beretta and HKs unless you grew up on 1911s. Even Beretta had to come up with a more 1911 esq grip for those who are unable to adapt.
    I think so too, and changing it would effectively be the opposite of the P7 Luger'esque frame to slide angle combined with a close to right angle feeding magazine. Add in the Glock polymer and double the capacity mag being bulkier than the steel P7 in to the ergonomic outcome also.

A point on the 1911 is the A1 added arched mainspring housing changed the grip angle more in the direction of the Luger which people tend to jump back and forth on the ergonomic preference.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-02-24 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Really a dumb question about mounting optics, why not just something like a 1913 rail, parallel to the long axis of the slide?
    Offers lateral stability and the fore/aft stability is provided by the slide cut. Mill the rail so that the screws go into the rail, thus avoiding penetrating the actual slide.

Someone is going to steal is idea, aren't they?
    That's fairly close to how a Holosun 509T works(albeit with a plate) which was my favorite MOS set up prior to seeing the Holosun Holosun SCS direct bolt up. What you are describing would effectively combine the 2.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I really only have three wants from Glock. A better, optic specific, optic mount. A better trigger, along the lines of the Timney, but at a sane carry weight. A better grip angle.
    Yes. But what you describe isn’t a Glok.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really a dumb question about mounting optics, why not just something like a 1913 rail, parallel to the long axis of the slide?
    Offers lateral stability and the fore/aft stability is provided by the slide cut. Mill the rail so that the screws go into the rail, thus avoiding penetrating the actual slide.

Someone is going to steal is idea, aren't they?
    That's basically a variation of the ACRO or Holosun 509T mounting system. Only caveat I would add is that the optic needs to be supported in the front and rear by the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yes. But what you describe isn’t a Glok.
    LOL. That's why I like Sigs.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    That's basically a variation of the ACRO or Holosun 509T mounting system. Only caveat I would add is that the optic needs to be supported in the front and rear by the slide.

LOL. That's why I like Sigs.
    I literally said that😆

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I literally said that��
    Doh! You sure did. That's what I get for replying too quickly without reading.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Glock is valued at about $1 billion, has 65% market share of handgun sales, and thousands of contracts with LE and military agencies. If I am in charge, I am not sure I would change anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Glock is valued at about $1 billion, has 65% market share of handgun sales, and thousands of contracts with LE and military agencies. If I am in charge, I am not sure I would change anything.
    As Coal Dragger pointed out someone, somewhere, is lusting after the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    What do I do if I’m in charge of Glock for 5 years?

Well let’s see:

1.) For agreeing to the job demand the board give me a giant cash bonus every year that I am able to increase profits, and a generous severance package at the end of the contract or if they elect to terminate me.

2.) In pursuit of goal #1 I do what every scumbag CEO does and cut costs, cut costs, and cut more costs. Thus increasing profit not by doing hard stuff like product development and increasing market share. Instead focusing on cheap cheap cheap guns for the same or more money charged to distributors.

3.) Rinse and repeat step 2 over and over and over again without a single care in the world about product quality because gun buyers are stupid and will buy Glocks for at least 5-6 years based on name recognition alone.

4.) On the way out the door on the 11th month of year 5 insist on a special edition Glock 19 with a rainbow colored slide and MIM everything including the barrel.

5.) Read the various gun forums and watch all the crying and bitching while I laugh like a madman all the way to the bank.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-02-24 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    As Coal Dragger pointed out someone, somewhere, is listing after the possibilities.
    Listen the possibilities? No doubt. I remember when Pinto was the big thing for Ford.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Listen the possibilities? No doubt. I remember when Pinto was the big thing for Ford.
    Should have been lusting. lol

No doubt there is a list though

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast