Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lancer L5AWM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My new Lancer mags seem to be fine with 30 rounds loaded and have no issues on a closed bolt...they function just like the M3 Pmags I have.

Need to bring them to range to test....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    I guess it's too late for the OP, but hopefully this will be helpful for others.

My understanding is that followers with the 3/15 manufacturing date code (March 2015) are problematic. My understanding is that these followers are only in mags that also have the 3/15 manufacturing date code, and Lancer was aware of the issue.

I have used 30 rd Lancer L5AWM mags quite a bit for years (none had the 3/15 date code followers). They have worked fine for me, and are probably my go to mags.

Joe Mamma
    Thanks for that. When I'm bored, I think I'm going to go through mine and see if I have any with the 3/15 date code.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    For the guys that report no issues, what date code are the "good" magazines?
    01/2016

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Just checked a few, and I have mags from 2012-2019. No issues in the dozen or so that I've actually used. Mostly the older ones.

ETA: Found one from 2011. It's a clear 20 rounder. This was the mag I kept in my truck gun and has been constantly fully loaded for the about 12 years. Have also used it for occasional bench shooting. No issues.
    Yeah my range AWM 30 smoke is a 7/2011 date code. Been using it about that long. Agency training, quals, personal training, etc. Just used it on Wed nite. Never an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    For long term storage it's hard to beat steel bodied AR mags.
    I run at least eight or nine different brands of AR mags, steel, aluminum, poly, hybrid.
    I keep em all stored loaded, some of em are close to 20 years old, no failures.
    I do use the snap on 'dust covers' on my PMAGs. I don't care what Magpul says, it's a stress reliever and a good one.

I'd rather have a dozen different brands of mags and figure out what works on my own than go all in on one brand.
    And if that one brand has to last forever, it's not gonna be polymer.

Some steel bodied mags I've had good luck with are E-landers, SHK, and some oddball slabside AR mags made in Bulgaria that use an AK style follower. A few of those have stainless steel CMMG followers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123