Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SOCOM shopping for Extreme Long Range Sniper Rifle

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think SIG has a chance, SOCOM will buy what they want like they did with the MK22 and I would wager they already know what that is. This is not a solicitation for bids, just a cya "hey we gave everyone a chance, just so happens what we wanted is the winner".

"This Sources Sought Notice will be used for Market Research purposes. This is not a solicitation for quotes/proposals. This is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government. The Government only commits to efforts via a written contract or agreement. As the Contracting Officer, I am the main POC for this subject. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please direct all inquiries to me Marvin Marcia at marvin.marcia@socom.mil . I will ensure responses are provided to all submissions and/or inquiries within a reasonable amount of time."
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-03-24 at 12:37.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    "The ELR-SR shall be manual (bolt action gun) in operation." Any semiautos on the market that could potentially check all the boxes?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I don't think SIG has a chance, SOCOM will buy what they want like they did with the MK22 and I would wager they already know what that is. This is not a solicitation for bids, just a cya "hey we gave everyone a chance, just so happens what we wanted is the winner".

"This Sources Sought Notice will be used for Market Research purposes. This is not a solicitation for quotes/proposals. This is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government. The Government only commits to efforts via a written contract or agreement. As the Contracting Officer, I am the main POC for this subject. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please direct all inquiries to me Marvin Marcia at marvin.marcia@socom.mil . I will ensure responses are provided to all submissions and/or inquiries within a reasonable amount of time."
    The MK22 selection was a truly competitive acquisition process. The Barrett won because it was the best performer.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The MK22 selection was a truly competitive acquisition process. The Barrett won because it was the best performer.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    This is just a sources sought. It isn’t a solicitation. These are just an opportunity for people to submit info on what they already make or to say they would be willing to make the requested item. While I’m sure it will lead to another program, it could go no where. Market research is generally considered current for 12 months.
    Last edited by sndt1319; 01-03-24 at 16:02. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I will be really interested in what they look at regarding optics, range-finding and cartridge selection.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was a beta tester for a couple of Sig USA's carbines and I honestly couldn't have been more disappointed.
    They've either really upped their game in under a decade or theirs a hell of a bamboozle going on.
    They were both carbines a total POS.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i believe this is the third or fourth iteration of what started out as the Precision Sniper Rifle program (multi-caliber switch-barrel).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sounds like another Sig contract is set!
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Yup! Cohen has his mouthwash packed and is ready to head to Washington.

My only hope is that they finish at least some part of it in Rainbow Titanium. Sig has been straying too far from their roots lately. Time to get back to what makes a Sig a Sig...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    After selling over 140,000 SIG 716's to India they probably feel confident.
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    They should have just announced that Sig was being awarded the contract and figgered out the deets later!

I haven't been around for quite some time but was there a thread/s about the army going with sig?

I remember from 10ish years ago sig was a total shit show with the P250 Air marshal guns, gambler edition 380s, wrong sized gas ports on the 556, etc...
    Die living

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    I haven't been around for quite some time but was there a thread/s about the army going with sig?

I remember from 10ish years ago sig was a total shit show with the P250 Air marshal guns, gambler edition 380s, wrong sized gas ports on the 556, etc...
    I purchased one that came with a 3 shot group on a nice target that was placed in the box.
    I started at 100 and was perplexed as hell why I couldn't get it on paper finally moved it all the way down to 25 yds. Still couldn't get it on paper.
    Come to find out the barrel was drastically cross threaded in to the receiver, to the point where it was just dangerous.

So much for them throwing that target in the box when they shipped it, because that weapon couldn't hit anything outside of the muzzle brake touching the paper.

They're a group of shysters screwing up the Sig name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast