Thread: Sig Romeo 4M

Feedback Score

Sig Romeo 4M

I just did a trade and in it I'm receiving a like new Romeo 4M. Do you guys have any opinions on this red dot? It has the Eotech type dot and circle. This was supposed to have been excepted by the FBI back when.
    Last edited by tbs; 01-03-24 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    Received the Romeo Yesterday and mounted it up. The circle dot is extremely crisp as is the glass. This is definitely a higher end optic as it has similar specs as the new Romeo 4's.
    The best part is i just removed 24 oz's of rifle scope and mount. This is some good stuff!
    IM000834.JPG

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    As far as I can recall, the weakness of the Romeo4M had to do with the mount and the relatively small cross-bolt. Be sure to torque properly and keep an eye on it. SIG updated the mounts since and more or less copied the Geissele mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    As far as I can recall, the weakness of the Romeo4M had to do with the mount and the relatively small cross-bolt. Be sure to torque properly and keep an eye on it. SIG updated the mounts since and more or less copied the Geissele mount.
    Yup, the mounts are the weak point. They're really more of a place holder though. Just get the Aimpoint Micro mount of your choice and rock on.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This one feels very solid. Kind of a pain to install/remove if you have a full length rail and BUIS though, as it has to slide on.

Feedback Score
    It should be durable probably a little better than the holosuns.

I believe that model is not good for nvg use, but a solid setup as a daytime/white light option.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The only Sig dot I have run is the Romeo5 and it has been great. But these other Sig dots seemed pricy, how much is it supposed to cost? I never see anyone run them but I hope it turns out great for you, keep us posted. I guess it takes an Aimpoint point mount, that is a great thing. I trade out all the Romeo mounts, I used to use Larue, now Geissele.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have already been looking around for a more robust mount but a little blue lock-tite should get me through until then. From my research this optic retailed for $599.00 but could be had $499.00 back when. I think I made a good trade, a discontinued scope for a discontinued red dot plus he added a little cash. We're both happy!
    The 65 moa ring picks up really fast. The last red dot i ran was 5 moa dot on a pistol and i could never get on that fast.
    Last edited by tbs; 01-07-24 at 04:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In the last 6 months or so Ive been on a few cases with HSI detectives and they all had the Romeo 4 on their AR and MPXs. Talking with them, they really like it and they have been working well for them.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a couple Romeo 4S's and a few Romeo 5's and a few Romeo 5XDR's. They've all performed well, although I am not a hard use customer so YMMV. I just went around picked them all up off the wall and the RDS's were still alive and well.

ETA: I have more issues with my Leupold scope batteries going dead. Pretty certain I've not replaced a Romeo battery yet.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-09-24 at 16:36.