Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Democrats are Moving to Bar Republicans from Ballots Nationwide

Feedback Score

Democrats are Moving to Bar Republicans from Ballots Nationwide

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/01/0...ts-nationwide/

Below is my column in the New York Post on the expansion of the 14th Amendment theory to attempt to remove Republican candidates for Congress from the ballots. Dozens of Democratic members have already called for the disqualification of up to 126 Republican colleagues under the same sweeping theory. These efforts show how this theory could place this country on a slippery slope to political chaos if not clearly and finally rejected by the Supreme Court.
    Well... this was inevitable.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    If Republicans had any balls, which they don't, they would play the exact same game. But the Republicans aren't really interested in winning.
    Last edited by Hush; 01-05-24 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    More commie game playing. "They" would not be doing such things if they were secure in their power. Where it will lead? I do not know. My guess is that SCOTUS will swat down this crap in short order as they can not let it linger during an election year.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's hilarious watching Democrats pretend "DeMOcrAcY!" has any real meaning to them, much less the Constitution.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Feels like they’re pushing hard to start more than polite discussion with this.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    More commie game playing. "They" would not be doing such things if they were secure in their power. Where it will lead? I do not know. My guess is that SCOTUS will swat down this crap in short order as they can not let it linger during an election year.
    It may be prudent to keep in mind that the ultimate arbiter of the constitution is not SCOTUS, it is we the people.

Feedback Score
    "When the government fails to address issues that are salient to the masses. In the end the masses will revolt".

I once had to memorize that for a course and I can't remember if it was for a BA or my masters.

But it has been very useful through my life.

Every person in the USA that cares about the future of the country must read and internalize Alexander Solzhenitsen.

"What would things been like [in Russia] if during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there, paling with terror at every bang on the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people?" ~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    It may be prudent to keep in mind that the ultimate arbiter of the constitution is not SCOTUS, it is we the people.
    Exactly.

SCOTUS has ruled on major things and the left completely ignored it.

ALL of the idiotic gun control edicts that have been put down recently in WA, for example, fly in the face of the Bruen Decision.

By that ruling alone, the previous garbage should have been repealed, and everything they've put out SINCE the ruling never should have made it out of comittee.

But you see, they ignore it as they please.

ETA: and the last paragraph in Yoni's post is spot-on, and all of us need to take it to heart, and make our decisions right now, before the time comes.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 01-05-24 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Exactly.

SCOTUS has ruled on major things and the left completely ignored it.

ALL of the idiotic gun control edicts that have been put down recently in WA, for example, fly in the face of the Bruen Decision.

By that ruling alone, the previous garbage should have been repealed, and everything they've put out SINCE the ruling never should have made it out of comittee.

But you see, they ignore it as they please.

ETA: and the last paragraph in Yoni's post is spot-on, and all of us need to take it to heart, and make our decisions right now, before the time comes.
    This. Fer sure.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    This goes to show that Libtards can't read. Since they think they have the authority to remove anybody, but yet the 14th clearly states who has the authority .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast