Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Shotgun vs AR for HD (inside the house).

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    481
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lets look at 12 ga slugs for stopping power vs 223/556.
    Hornady Magnum Crush, it's a .72 caliber slug that weighs 666 grains. Muzzle energy 3800 ft/lbs
    What's the ballistic info on the greatest 223/556 round there is?
    Just funning with you guys. Don't mean nothing.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,524
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Lets look at 12 ga slugs for stopping power vs 223/556.
    Hornady Magnum Crush, it's a .72 caliber slug that weighs 666 grains. Muzzle energy 3800 ft/lbs
    What's the ballistic info on the greatest 223/556 round there is?
    Just funning with you guys. Don't mean nothing.
    You seem to be focused on one aspect of a HD scenario. What about speed of follow up shots? What about multiple individuals? What about taking accurate low percentage shots? What about maneuverability? If you have enough real world experience and add as much induced stress to all of your practice and training, you should be able to take out six home invaders with a six shot .22 pistol. This subject has been discussed in-depth multiple times on this forum. The discussions include real world examples, statistics, and date. Best tool for the job and all that…

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,118
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    You seem to be focused on one aspect of a HD scenario. What about speed of follow up shots? What about multiple individuals? What about taking accurate low percentage shots? What about maneuverability? If you have enough real world experience and add as much induced stress to all of your practice and training, you should be able to take out six home invaders with a six shot .22 pistol. This subject has been discussed in-depth multiple times on this forum. The discussions include real world examples, statistics, and date. Best tool for the job and all that…
    Forget all that! I'm convinced. I pity the poor souls that try to break into my house... the looks on their faces when they see the Mk 19 is going to be priceless! 1.57" of HE goodness! Now that's stoppin' powah!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    33,108
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Always fight with a bird gun. That's common sense! ARs are your hobby. Birdguns are the answer!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,524
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Shotgun vs AR for HD (inside the house).

    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Always fight with a bird gun. That's common sense! ARs are your hobby. Birdguns are the answer!
    Use the Chappelle rule for home defense.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/0Jsgpl6_d...T5j9rd-PYLd1ti
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 01-07-24 at 16:30.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bora Bora
    Posts
    6,190
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can get in several follow-up shots quickly with one of these.


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,524
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    You can get in several follow-up shots quickly with one of these.

    How are their terminal ballistics compared to aluminum?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bora Bora
    Posts
    6,190
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    How are their terminal ballistics compared to aluminum?
    The softer impact zone allows for faster follow-up shots.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    33,108
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    NFA rules apply to corked bats!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,524
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    NFA rules apply to corked bats!
    $200 stamp for this piece.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •