Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic powder dispenser under $400

Feedback Score

Electronic powder dispenser under $400

What would you guys suggest? I was looking at the fa intelidrop and chargemaster supreme. It’s for reloading pr 308win, i use a Dillon 650 press. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What kind of weighing accuracy is needed ?

How far will you be shooting?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have a FA Intellidropper and have been pleased with it.

Feedback Score
    Psssshhhh

Just buy a Prometheus. Stop being a poor.

Feedback Score
    I don’t shoot enough to justify one. Or else I’d get one. I don’t go to matches.

Accuracy needed, accuracy wanted .75moa I’m more than ok with. When I was shooting every couple of days, I was going for .5, but I just don’t shoot like that anymore. Dispenser will be used mainly for varget, then I’m going to probably switch to vhitavouri powder.

Feedback Score
    You can get to .5 with just about any of the commercially available all in one units. Hornady, RCBS, Lyman, Frankfort. Take your pick.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know anything about the Intellidrop, but the ChargeMaster Supreme works really well. When the powder is learned, if 43.0 grains is requested, 43.0 is dispensed 99+ times out of 100. Any errors over .1 grain are overages, and the unit makes it obvious to the user that an over charge was dispensed.

I weighed its work on my GemPro-250 when I bought it, and while I don't reccall the exact weights of the powder, it was certainly close enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Psssshhhh

Just buy a Prometheus. Stop being a poor.
    To add to that, shooting has taken a back seat to a pregnant wife and learning to fly. Shooting guns can’t even touch what it costs to learn to fly. Unless you are shooting full auto.

Feedback Score
    I looked into getting my pilots license but to have as a hobby it was too much $$$ for not enough reward.

General aviation has been made to be needlessly expensive in this country.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been using a RCBS Chargemaster 1500 scale for several years and had good luck with it. If I am going to shoot farther than 600 yards, I'll verify charge weights with my balance beam scale.

It looks like the RCBS Chargemaster Supreme has taken it's place. If you find one on sale, that could put the cost under $400.

Don't spend money on a manual powder trickler if you are thinking about picking one up to supplement an electronic scale. I use a piece of 30-06 brass to trickle powder; I roll the brass between my fingers to dispense powder onto the scale. I've found it to be faster and easier to use than the RCBS manual powder trickler I gave away.
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast