Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After 50 years, I quit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

After 50 years, I quit.

Dipping snuff that is.
    I finally just had enough of it and quit. It's been about 6 weeks now and I'm sure done with it.
    35 cents a can when I started.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Well done!

That, is a miserably difficult accomplishment. Tobacco, for me, was a Bitch to cut loose.
    There was nothing quite as enjoyable as a big gob of Wintergreen Skoal first thing after waking up…..
    Or eating
    Or drinking
    Or after Sex
    Or exercise
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Dupe is back
    Last edited by gaijin; 01-12-24 at 06:18.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have to admit I was a bit grouchy for a week or so.
    My tobacco of choice was Copenhagen for decades and then I discovered "Grizzly fine-cut Natural" which I am convinced might be the strongest snuff out there.

Honestly, just couldn't taste food anymore.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations! Stay strong!

I quit tobacco many times, and started up for duration of deployments and after uniform, a few hours every shooting outing or golf game.

But I’m done now, hopefully for good.

I had my last drink Thanksgiving afternoon. Not nearly as hard…and plan to make 2024 tobacco and alcohol free.

Sugar is next. Cut way back but total elimination is a bitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A friend who had dipped for decades finally decided to quit. He said it was the toughest thing he ever did and missed it every day. He died about a year later. Should have kept dipping and enjoyed his last year on Earth.

ps. Congrats!
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-12-24 at 07:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My wife is a dental hygienist and up north she had some patients who dipped, but down here it is way more prevalent. She has many horror stories of what that stuff does to your mouth. You are much better off.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Impressive that you survived that stretch. A tough habit to quit as I've heard.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A good buddy who is married to my cousin just went through a rough surgery not a month or two ago...they had gone in & removed a cancer mass from his cheek last year & had just gotten back from MD Anderson with a clean bill of health when his jaw started to ache a week later. Went back to MD & had one of these damn turbo cancers where it had gotten into the bone. Surgery included removing / replacing bone from his leg. He's only in his late 40's but had been dipping since he was a kid.

I had just bought a new can of Cope when my cousin had called to tell me all this...tossed it & hadn't looked back since. I've done it off / on for the past decade. Good riddance.

It's pretty easy to not relapse when you close your eyes & see your friends face disfigured.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to dissuade you, but have you thought about using nicotine pouches instead? Nicotine, while addictive, is very beneficial to your brain. It’s getting your nicotine from tobacco that’s the dangerous part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast