Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Got A Whole LOT Of Snow Coming At Us In Iowa...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I’ve used one several times in the last few days. I snap a key off in the lock last year. Lesson learned.
    Shoulda pee’d on it.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Frigid in S. Fl right now--40, high of 65, dang. I did grow up in upstate NY on a farm so I do know about the cold and snow. You have to prepare for it, dress for it, deal with it--and have fun in it.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Frigid in S. Fl right now--40, high of 65, dang. I did grow up in upstate NY on a farm so I do know about the cold and snow. You have to prepare for it, dress for it, deal with it--and have fun in it.
    My wife is from Buffalo, as cold as it can get here from time to time, she does not miss that at all. In fact I think if we could go further south she would.

It is about 20° here now, and my HVAC is struggling to keep my house warm enough. But one more day of this, and then it's supposed to warm up to close to 70 by the end of the week.

They say if you don't like the weather in North Carolina, wait 5 minutes, it'll change. We can also experience all four seasons in one day.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This is the first year since 2020 that I had to wear a jacket, I think for two years it never cooled off that much. Was a very dry summer but a wet winter so far, usually it's the dry season. I was in SE Va. and NE NC for almost 40 years and yes the weather was sporadic. I always had a wide range of clothes with me all those years while working.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    My wife is from Buffalo, as cold as it can get here from time to time, she does not miss that at all. In fact I think if we could go further south she would.

It is about 20° here now, and my HVAC is struggling to keep my house warm enough. But one more day of this, and then it's supposed to warm up to close to 70 by the end of the week.

They say if you don't like the weather in North Carolina, wait 5 minutes, it'll change. We can also experience all four seasons in one day.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    20 degrees, 40 degrees???? Hell, it was -15 in Nebraska Saturday morning.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345