Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Seizes Eagle Pass--Expels Border Control

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I think that shit was written into the Constitution back when people of both parties (or three, whatever) were of a steadfast moral character and actually gave a damn. NO ONE back then would have been for the unfettered and unchecked invasion as it exists today. They were simply stating the obvious, that one of the primary responsibilities of our Federal government is to protect our borders. I don't think anyone could foresee the slimy "import more voters" angle to it like modern Demoshits do.

It is not enough to shut the border down tight as a drum, although that's certainly a good start. Every one of those scum should be rounded up and deported immediately. Yeah, I know, wish in one hand and shit in the other.....
    100% on all of it.

The thing is, so many of those coming here are military age males from overseas. They aren’t even Mexicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    100% on all of it.

The thing is, so many of those coming here are military age males from overseas. They aren’t even Mexicans

Right? They are not North or South Americans...

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think it will come down to Is that park a state park, city park, national park or a park at all. If it’s a state park, TX can do whatever the eff they want. Much like the feds can shut down a NP during a shutdown or for maintenance, so can the state. If it’s a city park or a NP the state may be screwed and have to abandon this effort and do something else the courts haven’t said no to. Just like how the leftists insist the new version of a mag ban is legal.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I think it will come down to Is that park a state park, city park, national park or a park at all. If it’s a state park, TX can do whatever the eff they want. Much like the feds can shut down a NP during a shutdown or for maintenance, so can the state. If it’s a city park or a NP the state may be screwed and have to abandon this effort and do something else the courts haven’t said no to. Just like how the leftists insist the new version of a mag ban is legal.

I believe it’s a city park and the Dem leadership of El Paso is in a quandary about it.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If it’s a city park and gets no $$ from the state then I’m not sure what DPS can do. But then neither can the Feds assuming the idiots in Eagle Pass didn’t “rent” it out. If they did rent it to the Feds, the state should fine them for as many state law violations as possible.

Feedback Score
    Well, for one, this will stop the feds and CPB from cutting the wire and removing the obstacles the State put in there to stem the flow of illegals. It also mainlines the issue to the Supreme Court for ultimate resolution. Texas is literally being invaded and the federal government is negligent in not stopping it. Things are getting interesting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As I said in my initial post, I was surprised to not see much coversation or breaking news on this story. I figured out why yesterday; they were waiting for something like this to happen.

Three migrants drown at US border as Texas, White House feud

Jan 13 (Reuters) - A woman and two children drowned in the Rio Grande as they tried to the enter the U.S. from Mexico on Friday night after Texas military officers prevented federal border officials from aiding them, U.S. border officials and a member of Congress said.

The deaths come as a dispute over immigration intensifies between Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a Republican, and the administration of U.S. President Joe Biden, a Democrat, with a record number of migrants having illegally crossed the border since Biden took office in 2021.

Under Abbott, Texas has increasingly sought to implement its own border controls, which have historically been the legal domain of the federal government.

Officials said the three were attempting to cross the river near Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, which is not a legal port of entry and is where the Texas National Guard this week added concertina wire and fencing.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/thr...se-2024-01-14/

The timing is hella suspicious, as is the "mother and two children" claim. It's almost too perfect. Days after the State seizes the crossing, a woman tries to cross with 2 kids and happens to drown? Hell, she was likely pushed into the situation to achieve this exact end. But now they can start the conversation with this, and rather than hide the fact that Biden and Co are using Border Patrol to assist in illegal immigration, they can embrace it and say that they are doing so to prevent a humanitarian disaster. This lets the issue mutate from one of enforcing the law, to the more comfortable (for the Left) "think of the children!" argument.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    As I said in my initial post, I was surprised to not see much coversation or breaking news on this story. I figured out why yesterday; they were waiting for something like this to happen.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/thr...se-2024-01-14/

The timing is hella suspicious, as is the "mother and two children" claim. It's almost too perfect. Days after the State seizes the crossing, a woman tries to cross with 2 kids and happens to drown? Hell, she was likely pushed into the situation to achieve this exact end. But now they can start the conversation with this, and rather than hide the fact that Biden and Co are using Border Patrol to assist in illegal immigration, they can embrace it and say that they are doing so to prevent a humanitarian disaster. This lets the issue mutate from one of enforcing the law, to the more comfortable (for the Left) "think of the children!" argument.
    I don't GAF. Don't come here if you have to cross a river ILLEGALLY. There is a legal process, follow it. That "mother" made the poor decision and her kids paid for it. I don't give a shit about a "humanitarian" crisis. These people are unwanted vermin and I frankly waste little time worrying about their welfare......'cause they're soon to be on OUR welfare.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been trying to get my Wife here legally for a year and a half, her paperwork is literally sitting in a file cabinet waiting to be processed.
    In the meantime the wait is prolonged by these characters jumping the line at the border.
    Does it look like IGAF if three, or three hundred, or three thousand drown trying to cheat the system?

Feedback Score
    How bizarre is this situation: the federal government is wildly upset that a state has stepped in to enforce a federal law that the federal government has steadfastly refused to enforce?? My understanding, from back when Obama was trying to flood the country with illegals, was that the POTUS had the authority to close the border for exigent circumstances but the power to "open" the border/choose to change immigration law, was well outside the POTUS' purview and had to be done from the legislative branch.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast