Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers, today in the WSJ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Larry Vickers, today in the WSJ

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Crazy sh1t. People that get into this type of work around never seem to keep it low key. Or I guess we don't read about the guys who are smart about it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve always been fascinated by people who seemingly have it pretty good make choices to absolutely F for them selves.

The demo lower loop hole was pretty well known. This egregious abuse of it seems like it was inviting trouble.

I followed LAV when I was instagram and was always surprised when he was flashing new Rolexes, Mercedes’ G wagens and limited Porsches all the time. It was a display of wealth so out of line with his possible income I just figured it was terribly irresponsible abuse of credit. Turns out he probably had the cash to spending like a drug dealer?

Feedback Score
    Put you life on the line for this rotten corrupt country and this is how they thank you. Silly, stupid firearms laws. Congress is rotten to the core, the president takes bribes, but this is who they punish. Insane and sad.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From the article, it appears the loop hole in bringing in new full auto weapons was growing, making an example of LAV was the goal no doubt:

"Dealers could still get new machine guns to show off to police departments that were interested in buying them for their SWAT teams. All the dealer had to do was get a letter from the police department and submit it to the ATF, a division of the Justice Department. If police officials liked what they saw, they could make the purchase.

But some dealers began using the process to bring guns into the country without any intention of selling them to police agencies, prosecutors and industry experts say.

“People started abusing it,” said a gun-industry consultant. “Now you’ve got guys bringing in hundreds of machine guns a year.”

In recent years, authorities have begun to crack down. A Maryland sheriff was indicted last year for writing letters to help get machine guns that a local shooting-range owner allegedly rented out to his customers. The sheriff has pleaded not guilty. Deputies from a small Pennsylvania sheriff’s department and a gun dealer were sentenced to prison time in 2017 and 2018 for illegally importing machine guns and selling the parts.

Federal and local law-enforcement officials are making changes to their policies. One sheriff’s department ensnared in the case has stopped issuing such letters. The ATF increased scrutiny of such transactions."
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I’ve always been fascinated by people who seemingly have it pretty good make choices to absolutely F for them selves.

The demo lower loop hole was pretty well known. This egregious abuse of it seems like it was inviting trouble.
    Totally agree.

I followed LAV when I was instagram and was always surprised when he was flashing new Rolexes, Mercedes’ G wagens and limited Porsches all the time. It was a display of wealth so out of line with his possible income I just figured it was terribly irresponsible abuse of credit. Turns out he probably had the cash to spending like a drug dealer?
    I've always thought LAV was a blow hard. Completely full of his own shit. His videos were only valuable for the comedy of how great he thought he was. "Only the LAV could make that shot!" Uh... no.. we do shit like that every weekend, and think little of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Totally agree.

I've always thought LAV was a blow hard. Completely full of his own shit. His videos were only valuable for the comedy of how great he thought he was. "Only the LAV could make that shot!" Uh... no.. we do shit like that every weekend, and think little of it.
    It's entertainment....

Feedback Score
    From what I gather from the WSJ article, LAV and all the other individuals and LE involved knowingly broke federal law and are now being prosecuted for their actions. Does their profession or prior service exempt them? No. They thought they could circumvent the law and were wrong. Apparently they lacked the savvy, finesse, and experience of 'uncaught' criminals like the clintons, obamas,soros,xidens, pelosis' et al.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    From what I gather from the WSJ article, LAV and all the other individuals and LE involved knowingly broke federal law and are now being prosecuted for their actions. Does their profession or prior service exempt them? No. They thought they could circumvent the law and were wrong. Apparently they lacked the savvy, finesse, and experience of 'uncaught' criminals like the clintons, obamas,soros,xidens, pelosis' et al.
    Thanks for your support of gun laws.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had exactly one, unintentional, interaction with the man on here (6-14-15) and it told me everything I needed to know about him. It appears my post was deleted because it was critical of his "PSA" that included advertising. By definition, not a PSA...... His ridiculous response, quoting me is still there.

Regardless, I still feel like he was targeted by this corrupt administration intentionally. Its what they've been doing for the last 3 years. I feel worse for the poor cops who were drawn into this by his reputation and "celebrity."

ETA: Oh, and I still bought his books, because they were very well done.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-15-24 at 11:50.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast