Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Democracy? This is the LIBERTY election...

Feedback Score

Democracy? This is the LIBERTY election...

I've found from the start the 'democracy' focus kind of odd. Sure, it's an important part of political organization in Western culture since the time of the Greeks, but it isn't even the real 'thing' - representation is the real issue, democracy- voting- is just one aspect of it. And was we have seen lately, elections aren't all they are cracked up to be. From who votes, to who counts the votes, and before that how perceptions are manipulated- and rigged- to favor one way to vote. Never mind the inherent issues with 50%+1 mob mentality that is an inherent risk to our freedoms and well-being, if not lives.

No one sacrifices themselves for democracy. THey might have have wanted representation and seat at the power tables, but what gets the sharp end of the stick moving is fighting for Liberty, for freedom. I think freedom is a bit loose in meaning, but Liberty has a certain narrow definition that is easier to explain and communicate. Plus, ask people if they want Liberty or Democracy, and beware of the people that say democracy...

You almost everyone you can find an issue that they strongly believe in that doesn't have 50%+1 approval- and in democracy, you are crap out of luck. But under a Liberty platform, that respects your Rights you have and will always have that right- not at the whim of some changing majority.

It just seems like this is the winning message for 2024. Sure democracy is part of our political history and culture, but what sets us apart is our Constitutionally acknowledged inherent rights that can't be voted away. That's Liberty. And I worry if Biden and his minnions eeck-out a win, they'll take it as a mandate to finish the destruction of the US that Obama started.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sadly, I think we've reached a tipping point where more people will vote for controlling what other people say and do, than will vote for their own Liberty.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter now as far as "Liberty" goes. (Went)

This is America 6.0 by my count. There is very little liberty left and what is gone isn't coming back. If it does it will only be due to anarchy. Either way I won't be alive for it, or not for long.

So don't worry about it. You can't change any of that.

But a Trump victory WOULD be more fun.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

“Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

– Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    Oh my God, if Trump wins, watching the left Lose their STUFF, will be EPIC.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Oops. Never mind

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Yes it would.

Little to none of the good things Trump fans want to happen will.

None of the bad things Trump haters are afraid will happen will.

But I can only imagine the clever memes, scared commies, and offended, establishment American oligarchs and royals.

Feedback Score
    This is the article that I read that precipitated my post.

https://americanmind.org/salvo/democ...hout-politics/

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yes it would.

Little to none of the good things Trump fans want to happen will.

None of the bad things Trump haters are afraid will happen will.

But I can only imagine the clever memes, scared commies, and offended, establishment American oligarchs and royals.
    Again, I point to critical appointments. If Trump doesn't go down the path to appeasement, MANY good things could happen. He'd have to get some real brawlers in there though.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I will be very shocked if DJT wins. The Left, deep state, machine, system or whatever you want to call who is really running this country, will not let him get a second term. They will pull out any and all stops to ensure that. IMHO.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast