Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Smith/Lipsey's ultimate carry J-frame

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    They refuse to pay for a person to look over each gun before it goes out? Pathetic.

How many sales will they lose because of all the people who will read about this on forums and think, "If they aren't even checking that the front sight glows, how well are they checking everything else?!"

We can assume no QC from S&W other than mounting it to a rest and firing it to be sure it won't blow up.
    You make a good point. My eagerness to snatch a couple of these as soon as my LGS has them has waned. I may give it a while to see how these play out. Who knows, we may start to see some other failures due to the reworking of the internals. Maybe they will join the ranks of Kimber with things like broken firing pins.

Well, I have 100% confidence in my current 442’s so I will just rock on with them for the foreseeable future.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've now sent back this 442 and a Performance Center 442, all within the last five years. My 15 year old 642-1 is a tank, that's the last SW revolver I'll ever buy.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I've now sent back this 442 and a Performance Center 442, all within the last five years. My 15 year old 642-1 is a tank, that's the last SW revolver I'll ever buy.
    I just stick with the older stuff, zero interest in new S&W

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was looking forward to getting my first J-Frame (have GP100 & K's) with this new line, but thinking about cleaning up a used gun show find might be a better choice. Back to reading that J-Frame setup thread on here again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I contacted Smith & Wesson via email. They got back to me and offered to ship me a replacement night sight or a shipping label to send the 642 UC back to the factory. In addition to the dead night sight, I also noticed the barrel shroud had some movement so I opted to ship the 642 UC back to the factory. I replied to the email advising S&W I wanted to ship the revolver back on 03/05 and received a shipping label three days later.

In the mean time, I stumbled onto a thread on pistol-forum.com about the dead night sights on the UC revolvers. Someone from Lipsey's was active in the thread and provided his phone number and email telling everyone who had a dead night sight to contact him. He provided three options, 1-ship a replacement night sight, 2-expedite a shipping label back to S&W, 3-Lipsey's would ship a replacement gun.

I sent an email and a few hours later I received a reply from Jason Cloessner, Senior Vice President & Product Development Manager at Lipsey's. Jason advised he could expedite a shipping label back to S&W or replace my 642 UC. I opted for a replacement gun. Jason contacted my local dealer where I purchased the UC and explained the situation. He asked that I return the original gun back to the dealer and he would overnight me a replacement gun which should be at my dealer the next day. Jason assured me that he personally inspected the replacement 642 UC and said the night sight is bright, there is no movement in the barrel shroud, and the trigger is smooth. He asked me to call if I had any questions and provided his office number and his personal cell number if it was after hours. I picked up the revolver at my dealer this morning. The night sight is bright and there is no movement in the barrel shroud.

I can not express how impressed and appreciative I am of the level of customer service Jason has provided. The is the first Lipsey's firearm I have purchased but it definitely won't be the last.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Darryl and Bryan are friends, and helped design this. It's been in the works for a while. Street price should be around 700 bucks.

I have been carrying Scandium J-frames for a while. I am honestly glad they did not go that route to keep the cost down. Plus, shooting a 342 is absolutely brutal on your hands.

The 38 has the advantage of much cheaper ammo costs, plus you can literally buy it anywhere on earth.

I have an LCR in 327 Federal Magnum. The recoil is an powerful with that round, as my 342 is with 38 Special standard velocity Gold Dots. So I never shoot it with that round. I carry it with a Buffalo Bore 32 H&R Magnum round. It's a lot milder.

For practice, S&B makes a 90-ish grain wadcutter that is pretty mild and accurate. It feels roughly the same as a .22 Magnum revolver.

If you do not have a ,.38 J-frame, I'd snag it. If you already have an airweight J-frame for carry and a steel one for practice, I'd snag the .32 H&R.

Having said that, I've ordered both. Because I'm like that, and already have a supply of .32 revolver chow.

Your milage may vary. But the pre-release prototypes shot really well, and have excellent sights. Plus I love those VZ grips almost as much as the old CT grips for a pocket J-frame.

Hope that helps.
    Good to still see you around, bro.

I’ll be trying to get my paws on a .32 model to replace my 442 pocketgun. For a belt gun companion, maybe Smiff will bring the .327Fed Carry Comp J back that I can put a RDS on. Or maybe I’ll get a target sights SP101, since mounts are available.

4” .357 GP100 prints a little.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying (2) LCR's IWB one in .22LR and the other a .327 loaded with BB .32 Long wadcutters... Both wear Hamre Forge grips. Very comfortable and conceal nicely under a T shirt... Perfect for an older guy and I can slip one to my wife should the need arise. We're definately waiting on the S&W .32 !!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Did y'all see this?!

They're actually TESTING out the product before shipping it! Amazing for 2024!

https://revolverguy.com/the-lipseys-...frames-part-i/

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    jb:

Glad they are taking care of you, that's great customer service.

I just can't figure out why those guns with the dead sights got out in the first place? Where was the quality control then? I know the sights weren't manufactured by SW or Lipseys but the installer didn't have a check list to inspect the glow? This isn't just a run of the mill model, it's their new flag ship.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    jb:

Glad they are taking care of you, that's great customer service.

I just can't figure out why those guns with the dead sights got out in the first place? Where was the quality control then? I know the sights weren't manufactured by SW or Lipseys but the installer didn't have a check list to inspect the glow? This isn't just a run of the mill model, it's their new flag ship.
    Certainly agree.

I'm imagining it's a person, or people, not a robot, who puts the manual, lock, gun, etc in the box at the end of production. This is after test-firing and other critical checks.

That person isn't trained to give it a final look and check for canted sights, glowing sights, grips or panels that don't fit right, damaged screw heads, finish blemishes, etc.?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast