Thread: Taurus' new bolt rifle

Feedback Score

Taurus' new bolt rifle

Curious how well this is going to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTrDOpOlITw

Feedback Score
    Taurus Expedition? Sounds like an ad for Ford.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a buddy that works for Taurus. I do like the new commitment that they are making to basically overhaul the entire company.

I put my money where my mouth is, and bought an 856 Executive Grade. I just replaced the hammer spring and put some Hamre Forge grips on it. It is a very solid revolver for the money.

I like a lot of the features on this rifle. Like a lot of folks have said, it's nice that with the economy we have, folks can save and buy a hunting rifle.

And other calibers are coming. I believe that 6.5 Creedmoor is coming soon. I'd also like to see a .243 for smaller-statured shooters.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a buddy that works for Taurus. I do like the new commitment that they are making to basically overhaul the entire company.

I put my money where my mouth is, and bought an 856 Executive Grade. I just replaced the hammer spring and put some Hamre Forge grips on it. It is a very solid revolver for the money.

I like a lot of the features on this rifle. Like a lot of folks have said, it's nice that with the economy we have, folks can save and buy a hunting rifle.

And other calibers are coming. I believe that 6.5 Creedmoor is coming soon. I'd also like to see a .243 for smaller-statured shooters.
    Is that the guy over on Pistol-Forums?

It sounds like they have put a lot into unfcvking Taurus as company and are set on repairing their reputation as a third rate gun manufacturer. In the past I wouldn’t touch a Taurus but now I’m considering taking another look at them and welcome their efforts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    In the past I wouldn’t touch a Taurus but now I’m considering taking another look at them and welcome their efforts.
    Yeah, agreed. I know it's stupid, but I kinda want to get a TH45 just to beat on at the range...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yes, Caleb Giddings is a friend. We met years ago at the last Revolver Roundup in Dallas, and he's been one of the staff at the last three events at Gunsite. Very good shooter and revolver coach. He's been promoted to run the marketing team here in the US.

Brent Vorhees came over from Walther, and spent a lot of time and energy recruiting a good mix. Plus the folks in Georgia work really hard, and are taking pride in their work.

Chuck Haggard is a friend, and they brought him out to the plant to teach all their sales people in a two-day revolver class. In a time when most sales people were selling shoes last week, and cell phones next week, that is "a thing".

Chuck's Pocket Rocket class is legit, and I very strongly encourage everyone to take it. Not just for the wheelguns, so many people are carrying the itty bitty Sig 365 and the like.

Anyway, that's the backstory. Taurus USA has reached out to a LOT of people to get honest feedback, and they have been very receptive. That 856 Executive Grade bought them a lot of cred with the mothership in Brazil, and they are much, much more open to ideas coming from Georgia now.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thanks for the information. Caleb, Chuck and Darryl Bolke did a P&S Podcast with my friend and primary gun trainer, Steve Shields, a little while back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdyYRT...ture=emb_title

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yes, Caleb Giddings is a friend. We met years ago at the last Revolver Roundup in Dallas, and he's been one of the staff at the last three events at Gunsite. Very good shooter and revolver coach. He's been promoted to run the marketing team here in the US.

Brent Vorhees came over from Walther, and spent a lot of time and energy recruiting a good mix. Plus the folks in Georgia work really hard, and are taking pride in their work.

Chuck Haggard is a friend, and they brought him out to the plant to teach all their sales people in a two-day revolver class. In a time when most sales people were selling shoes last week, and cell phones next week, that is "a thing".

Chuck's Pocket Rocket class is legit, and I very strongly encourage everyone to take it. Not just for the wheelguns, so many people are carrying the itty bitty Sig 365 and the like.

Anyway, that's the backstory. Taurus USA has reached out to a LOT of people to get honest feedback, and they have been very receptive. That 856 Executive Grade bought them a lot of cred with the mothership in Brazil, and they are much, much more open to ideas coming from Georgia now.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Thanks for the information. Caleb, Chuck and Darryl Bolke did a P&S Podcast with my friend and primary gun trainer, Steve Shields, a little while back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdyYRT...ture=emb_title
    LOL - we have mutual friends. I met Steve at Gunsite back in November during Revolver Roundup. That new .357 practice load of his is nice.