Thread: Trump team made ‘early on’ attempts to recruit RFK Jr. as former president's VP

Feedback Score

Trump team made ‘early on’ attempts to recruit RFK Jr. as former president's VP

Trump team made ‘early on’ attempts to recruit RFK Jr. as former president's running mate

'Anything’s possible. I wouldn’t write it off by any means,' one source said

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ng-mate-report

Individuals working closely alongside former President Donald Trump reportedly made attempts to recruit a former Democratic presidential candidate to serve as his running mate.

Citing a source in Trump's orbit who is familiar with the matter, the New York Post reported that people close to the former president made "preliminary overtures" to independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy about the possibility of him serving as Trump's running mate in the 2024 presidential election.

"Trump operatives expressed an interest in Kennedy early on, but it was all premature," one person familiar with the matter told the outlet, adding that it was "right out of the box when Bobby announced" in April 2023 that he was making a run for the White House.

Anything’s possible. I wouldn’t write it off by any means," the source added.

Kennedy, 70, initially launched a bid for president last year as a Democrat. However, amid conflicts with the Democratic National Committee tossing its total support behind President Biden in the 2024 race, he announced in October that he would instead be making an independent run for the White House.

One large donor to both the Trump and Kennedy campaigns told the outlet that the effort to recruit Kennedy to serve as Trump's running mate is still very much alive amid Trump insiders.

"It’s very much behind the scenes at this stage. As we progress you might see it bubble up a little bit more," the donor said. "Bobby can bring new people to the polls."
    Last edited by tn1911; 01-27-24 at 17:02.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    We Called It! President Trump’s Team Reportedly has Reached Out to Bobby Kennedy Jr. about Serving as VP – “Wouldn’t Write It Off”
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...t-trumps-team/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    As distasteful as it is, it wouldn’t be a completely stupid move.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think he should get Fetterman, talk about a surprise turnaround.

Jack Poso ����
    @JackPosobiec
    ·
    15h
    I saw the Trump - RFK report, but people have to understand this was all almost a year ago. A lot has changed. Will leave it at that. Could see him as HHS or something
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Another sources say.... yada yada yada. I wouldn't be surprised if it was reported that sources say Trump has approached Putin to be his VP.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-28-24 at 07:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    All that matters is the final pick, more important is who heads up the DOJ.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I think he should get Fetterman, talk about a surprise turnaround.

Jack Poso ����
    @JackPosobiec
    ·
    15h
    I saw the Trump - RFK report, but people have to understand this was all almost a year ago. A lot has changed. Will leave it at that. Could see him as HHS or something
    Hate to say it... but ole Fetty says some shit these days that makes me go 'hell yeah...i'm with that'.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ewww.

He might not be the morally bankrupt Communist stooge that couldn't think with anything besides his pecker that his uncle was, but then again, he might not be too far removed.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    I sincerely hope Trump isn't stupid enough to do something like that. Obviously his personnel choices during Round #1 weren't stellar, so there's that.

I'm tellin' ya, his VP pick is probably going to be one of the most important in modern history. If his legal troubles get him ejected, it's gonna fall to the VP. It had better not be RFKJr or Haley, that will probably change my mind about hitting the "R" lever in November. Will never ever hit "D", I'll just skip it altogether and vote down-ballot.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RFK Jr, has a great team working for him because aat first glance, you don't see what is important and a game changer for Conservatives.
    You don't see the environmental extremist and they've certainly hidden the wacko views on immigration.
    I don't want a "Scratch Off" Candidate where I don't know what I'm getting until I buy in with my vote.
    I want the truth up front and we aren't getting any of that from any of them right now.
    So I'm left with Trump hates the Left and the RINOs, well, so do I.
    And here we are.
    Last edited by Averageman; 01-29-24 at 19:01.