Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-ARs for collection before State AWB

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I have a scar17 and love it.

For the life of me though I can't figure out why someone would lay out almost 3 grand for a 7.5" 5.56 pistol, no matter what the name on it is.
    If you want something that's similar to a flamethrower there are a lot cheaper options.
    Well, for one it is nearly $1000 bucks cheaper than a SCAR 17 right now and it is made in Belgium. It is the cheapest and most likely to be banned SCAR around. If we were being practical this would be yet another 1. Buy a Glock 19 and 2. Buy a 6920 or similar but he is looking to expand his collection into weirdness.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    For the life of me though I can't figure out why someone would lay out almost 3 grand for a 7.5" 5.56 pistol, no matter what the name on it is.
    If you want something that's similar to a flamethrower there are a lot cheaper options.
    I got mine for just under $2,500. I then bought the SCAR-SC collapsable buttstock for $500 from Arms Unlimited. Add to this the cost of the stamp and engraving and I ended up at about $3,250. That's a chunk for sure, but my guess is that they won't be in the market for long. I don't limit my purchases by what's practical or best. That said, in theory it's a better option for guys like the IDF going through tunnels than the SCAR 17 would be. It handles well, but I do wish the barrel was a bit longer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks pretty for sure that we'll get an AWB in NM this session. What's pending is a carbon copy of the GOSAFE Act which will ban almost every gas-operated centerfire semi-auto as well as transfers of NFA machineguns. I think Garands and maybe SKSs survive. Anyway, possession of currently owned items is prohibited unless they're registered with the state and even then they'll only be allowed to be possessed on private property or at an "official shooting range". No more hunting with them. No more shooting on public land. Grandfathered items can only ever be transferred to a "direct family member" or out of state.

I'm over hoping Bruen will fix anything. Once this shit is passed, it's here for good. The Dems will tie shit up until they can stack the court then it's payback time for Roe...

Anyway, I bought an AUG. I have most of the rest covered except an HK roller-locked rifle (Blowback is a form of gas-operation you know...) but I don't really want an HK roller-locked rifle.

Edit: I kinda also want a Desert Eagle (gas operated = banned), but I don't think I'll be able to pull that off before the time runs out. Oh well. Probably no reason to spend money on shit that'll have to go into hiding before I can even find time to test fire it...
    Last edited by kerplode; 01-30-24 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Consider a VZ-58. Light, accurate, robust.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In no particular order;

If you aren't head over heels for the SCAR, but want something of the folding stock, piston variety I'm pretty fond of my CZ Bren 2 MS.

I don't have a M1A, but I've gotten close a few times. If I were in your current situation, it would probably be my first purchase.

I'm a big AK guy. If you don't want to look for second hand pre-89 imports (Kassnar, Norinco, Polytech, Maadi) you might add a current and easily available AK to the collection;
    Arsenal SAM5 (5.56) or SAM7 (7.62) - both are milled.
    Arsenal SLR105/107 (5.56/7.62) - no longer imported, but can still find them on GB. Stamped variety.
    Polish Beryl (by FB Radom) - available in both calibers also. Super fit/finish quality for an AK. Known quality military supplier.
    WBP (Polish) - not a mil supplier, but reviews seem good and uses the FB Radom barrel. I do not own this one so just passing info along.
    Zastava (Yugo) ZPAP - most economical of the current imports. They are certainly a little different than your average AK (heavy receiver, barrel and trunnion), but unmistakenly AK based. I don't own one of these either.

I know this is about semi-auto rifles, but what about a Benelli M4/M2 Tactical or Beretta 1301? A good semi-auto tactical type shotgun is always good to have around.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the input. I’ve owned M1As and Garands, but traded them away. I focused on Ar15s and 556. To be honest, I don’t know how many ARs I own considering almost all of them were built up lowers on complete uppers, and I started to dabble in building uppers. For awhile I’d just buy a lower whenever I went to the LGS, and I find LPKs and unfinished lowers all over my house…. I also did get some Autoloading shotguns after doing 3gun with a what I remember as a 50 round shotgun stage… (that doesn’t seem right, but sweet Jesus it was actually tiring). Handguns, I’ve been all around those. It’s just I stuck with ARs and glass.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I think Thomas is going to uncork on these lower courts this summer. It will be what, 2years since Bruen and how long since McDonald and these states and courts are still playing FA. About time they got a judicial FO.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some decent AKs exist for $1K or under. DRACOs for one which are 'right sized' for the weapon. You can fully outfit for $1200. And... there are Yugos and Polish guns not that much more. No, it is no longer the 'golden age' for AKs. (But ironically AK accessories are indeed VERY good and very available - now that they are more expensive).

Also, while AK ammo is not cheap like it was, it is now about the same as 5.56.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by OhThatGuy; 02-04-24 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    Get yourself a levergun, or a pump. Maybe a wood stocked Ruger Mini14 Ranch, but they may take that too. Nothing black, nothing tacticool. If you have a bolt gun get iron sights for it in case a scope makes it a sniper rifle. Alarmist? Maybe.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I’ve always wanted an FNC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast