Thread: Blued Python

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Blued Python

Looking at some videos from SHOT and looks like Colt decided to offer the Python blued. Very interested if any of you pick one up or handle one to compare the blue to the older ones.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Don't like the three vents on top of the 4.25" barrel. Why didn't they put the normal 2 vents like they put on the stainless model?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Don't like the three vents on top of the 4.25" barrel. Why didn't they put the normal 2 vents like they put on the stainless model?
    They have them in stock at Grabagun…..looks like only two vents in their stock photo….,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    They have them in stock at Grabagun…..looks like only two vents in their stock photo….,

They even have 24k gold plated Pythons!!!! What on earth????

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting. I wonder what this will do to the value of original blued Pythons?
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Interesting. I wonder what this will do to the value of original blued Pythons?

I look at them as two different firearms. I just don’t see any relevance in basing a value off of one vs the other. But that is just my view. The old python’s are collectibles no matter what they do now. Just like the companies offering new retro mustangs and broncos. The old ones are in their own market place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I look at them as two different firearms. I just don’t see any relevance in basing a value off of one vs the other. But that is just my view. The old python’s are collectibles no matter what they do now. Just like the companies offering new retro mustangs and broncos. The old ones are in their own market place.
    Totally agree. I bought the new 3” stainless version because I wanted one to shoot. Colt (or should I say CZ) seems to have gotten it right.

One of my biggest regrets is trading my original Python that I got around 1988. IMHO the new Python is functionally better than the original, looks fantastic and is much more affordable. But there will always be the collector crowd wanting the original.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Totally agree. I bought the new 3” stainless version because I wanted one to shoot. Colt (or should I say CZ) seems to have gotten it right.

One of my biggest regrets is trading my original Python that I got around 1988. IMHO the new Python is functionally better than the original, looks fantastic and is much more affordable. But there will always be the collector crowd wanting the original.

Two things I wish they would have brought over from the original. First, the big knurled hammer spur. So much prefer my old to new on that.
    Second, the crane to grip geometry. I canÂ’t use my old speed loaders on my 2020.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 02-02-24 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Two things I wish they would have brought over from the original. First, the big knurled hammer spur. So much prefer my old to new on that.
    Second, the crane to grip geometry. I canÂ’t use my old speed loaders on my 2020.
    I have small hands so I like service/panel grips. So with that change my speed loaders work well. But to be honest most of the time if I’m carrying a revolver I just throw a couple of speed strips in my pocket.