Thread: BCM forge markings?

Feedback Score

BCM forge markings?

I would post a picture but all mine are always too large for this website so please bear with me.
    I’ve stumbled across an upper I didn’t know I had. It is marked with a stamped “BCM4” above the gas tube hole in the upper, and has a recessed star-within-circle forge mark that I haven’t been able to find a reference to.
    Is this a legit BCM forge mark? I have one that I am absolutely certain is a BCM Blem upper with no forge mark, and “BCM4
    ••” stamped above the gas tube port.

Curious? I figured they procured from multiple OEMs but I’ve never seen this forge marking.

Edit: I’ve tried posting pics from my phone and NOTHING works, what am I missing here?
    Last edited by Grendelshooter; 01-31-24 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah it’s legit. The BCM blem upper I ordered a couple weeks ago direct from BCM has that new deep recessed star forge mark.

Feedback Score
    Awesome, thanks much!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    I would post a picture but all mine are always too large for this website so please bear with me.
    I’ve stumbled across an upper I didn’t know I had. It is marked with a stamped “BCM4” above the gas tube hole in the upper, and has a recessed star-within-circle forge mark that I haven’t been able to find a reference to.
    Is this a legit BCM forge mark? I have one that I am absolutely certain is a BCM Blem upper with no forge mark, and “BCM4
    ••” stamped above the gas tube port.

Curious? I figured they procured from multiple OEMs but I’ve never seen this forge marking.

Edit: I’ve tried posting pics from my phone and NOTHING works, what am I missing here?

Upload your images to a free hosting website like Tumblr, then post the link here. Its not difficult, and once you have done it a few times it is super quick and simple.

Just a slightly educated guess in regards to your question, but I still see split A forgings as well as the BCM star forgings, both which are fulfilling the same purpose. I wouldn't want people to start thinking they are getting a fake if they see something other than a star.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If it's a red star, it's chinese. JUST KIDDING!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    i have a pair of bcm sling swivels with the star on the button - they disappeared suddenly on their website
    Last edited by m4luvr; 02-01-24 at 12:48. Reason: added info

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Look at star, smile and wait for flash.