Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HM Defense update?

Feedback Score

HM Defense update?

HM Defense is local to me and they are having a meet and greet with their owners at my local gun club later this month. I'm sure it'll be the equivalent of a time share sales pitch, but they are offering a free dinner, so I'll probably go just for the food.

What's the consensus on HM Defense? I know they make some specialized components such as the monolithic barrel and their bolt, but are they generally recognized as a competent company or just another wannabe AR builder? I've read that their barrels have no bore treatment, either chrome or nitride, and their bolts are not Carpenter 158 and have no proof testing.

Should I hammer those points home during the Q&A and put them on the spot or just sit back and listen to their sales pitch?

I have zero intention of ever buying any of their products, but it would be interesting to hear them try and justify their reasons for not lining their barrels and the lower quality steel and lack of testing on their bolts.
    Last edited by SE Flyer; 02-01-24 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Do you mean these barrels? Chrome lined.

https://leadandsteel.co/product/chro...rious-lengths/
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    their bolts are not Carpenter 158 and have no proof testing.
    While they're not C158, 9310 is a pretty widely accepted substitute for AR-15 bolts, I personally wouldn't really find that unusual in any way, given that Faxon, Toolcraft, Hodge Defense, etc. have all sold 9310 bolts. As for HPT/MPI, well, Centurion Arms didn't do it for awhile, and KAC still doesn't, so there are certainly some arguments to be made that it's unnecessary if the rest of your QA/QC is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post

That's a special line for L&S. Typical barrels from HM Defense have no coating in the bore, nor are they nitrided.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't waste my time/effort. You'll never save the world from mediocrity in production. And there's always a huge pool of budget minded people who will buy crap from a gun counter ape.

Now if it were those scumbag h0m0s from LWRCI, I'd say scorch Effing Earth!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Somethings funky with HM's website. You click on HM's barrel selection and it automatically forwards you to the L&S Wesbiste. According to the L&S website, chrome lining is only available to barrels purchased through L&S. L&S says their HQ is in Columbus and HM's HQ is in Mt. Orab. Sounds like they are sourcing their barrels from another vendor.
    Last edited by SE Flyer; 02-01-24 at 11:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time/effort. You'll never save the world from mediocrity in production. And there's always a huge pool of budget minded people who will buy crap from a gun counter ape.

Now if it were those scumbag h0m0s from LWRCI, I'd say scorch Effing Earth!!
    Like I said earlier, I'm not going to purchase anything from HM. Just want to go for the free dinner. Might be fun to call them on their BS if they start the heavy sales job.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Like I said earlier, I'm not going to purchase anything from HM. Just want to go for the free dinner. Might be fun to call them on their BS if they start the heavy sales job.
    If you find them outright lying about stuff and claiming their barrels last "twice as long" like LWRCi does, hell yes. But if they're not deceptive about their corner cutting, I wouldn't harass them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If you find them outright lying about stuff and claiming their barrels last "twice as long" like LWRCi does, hell yes. But if they're not deceptive about their corner cutting, I wouldn't harass them.
    Agreed. But if they start preaching the "just as good as" line, then I'll ask them to prove it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Somethings funky with HM's website. You click on HM's barrel selection and it automatically forwards you to the L&S Wesbiste. According to the L&S website, chrome lining is only available to barrels purchased through L&S. L&S says their HQ is in Columbus and HM's HQ is in Mt. Orab. Sounds like they are sourcing their barrels from another vendor.
    Ok that’s really dumb IF they only CL the barrels for L&S but are bare chromoly otherwise.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Ok that’s really dumb IF they only CL the barrels for L&S but are bare chromoly otherwise.
    Anyone know anything about L&S?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast