Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HM Defense update?

Feedback Score
    that linked showed integrally machined gas blocks.. different

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would go and listen to what they have to say. Since they are local, they may be asking for ways to help the local firearm community and asking for ideas to help their business. Their workers are your neighbors, and quite honestly, being friends with gun companies is always a good thing.

The worst that happens is you get a free dinner and learn you don't like them. Especially if you are going with a few friends, it still sounds like a good time.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    Anyone know anything about L&S?
    The only thing I know is that a semi-popular YouTuber apparently did a review video that wasn't particularly flattering about one of their RDSes (the review in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvhW6Gfd1g), and so they sent a C&D, and then apparently implied that the YouTuber was "autistic" or something like that. All second hand info, but given that they don't sell anything I give a shit about, I'm not motivated to dig too deep into it.

L&S's response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwXscTcH1Y
    YouTuber's response to the response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCKRxpVWAJc
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-01-24 at 16:55.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Not terribly impressed with the "review" process, as not exactly reliable and repeatable.

Do all "drop test" with whatever optics use the same weapon, weight: mag full, can, etc? I would maybe use super anchored length of picatinny with optic atop, a and x amount of weight aka joules dropped or swung into optic

The drop and POI shift, could also be from can shift on mount, barrel nut, handguard, etc.

www. drama, meh

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    L&S got their start on Reddit. Frankly, they are gun guys that seem to try to make good stuff.

The YouTube review thing seems like nonsense, but that is certainly influenced by my quick opinion of “people watch this guy” and “he doesn’t know what he’s talking about” on the couple videos I tried unsuccessfully to watch. My assumption has been he attempted to fabricate drama for views.

Someone more reputable demonstrated challenges on a drop test with their pistol optic, I think.

They use or used to use CMT handguards.

Their trigger is meh. Their Promethean optic was super clear to my eyes, but heavy like an Eotech. Their Pandora optic is mounted on a pistol chassis that I just haven’t made time to shoot.

I think they are really trying to be successful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would go and listen to what they have to say. Since they are local, they may be asking for ways to help the local firearm community and asking for ideas to help their business. Their workers are your neighbors, and quite honestly, being friends with gun companies is always a good thing.

The worst that happens is you get a free dinner and learn you don't like them. Especially if you are going with a few friends, it still sounds like a good time.
    I'm going with the attitude of "show me" as in, if I was in the market for a new AR, why should I buy yours? What makes your rifle worth taking the risk of purchasing over purchasing a well proven brand?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Flyer View Post
    I'm going with the attitude of "show me" as in, if I was in the market for a new AR, why should I buy yours? What makes your rifle worth taking the risk of purchasing over purchasing a well proven brand?
    I think its fair to say a Colt 6920 is available for under a grand, and that still is really the standard for AR15s regardless of what a small sample of internet dwellers say.

Basing their (or anyone else) weapon against the Colt, what makes it a better buy for someone who wants a rock solid AR? PSA already has the bottom market well covered, and no one is going to be able to compete with them. Upper tier or at least middle tier is where they need to be, and its far too late to attempt to be the upper end guru of AR15s.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

HM Defense update?

So the cheapest rifle’s barrel is nitrided according to the site.

http://hmdefense.com/html/guardianf5.html

I would assume the pricier rifles at least have that so they may want to update their site.

ETA: FYI a barrel cannot have a nitride finish without having a nitride bore. It’s all or none.
    Last edited by Waylander; 02-03-24 at 00:47.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    ETA: FYI a barrel cannot have a nitride finish without having a nitride bore. It’s all or none.
    Once the whole thing is nitrided, can't the chamber and bore then be chrome lined? Seriously I have no idea if that is doable or not but just might make for the best combo finish available: nitride for the corrosion resistance on the outside, chrome lining (which I personally consider the standard by which all others should be judged!) for the inside.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    So the cheapest rifle’s barrel is nitrided according to the site.

http://hmdefense.com/html/guardianf5.html

I would assume the pricier rifles at least have that so they may want to update their site.

Their cheapest rifle also doesn't have their MONOBLOC barrel. Their uppers with MONOBLOC barrels do not say anything about nitriding either, but specifically state a Cerakoted finish. Thus, I'd wager that their more expensive rifles may still have an unfinished/untreated bore.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast