Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Drop In Crime

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    My guess is that less people are being charged or prosecuted.
    This is the correct answer.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Forbes hasn't been a reliable source since at least the 90's. Shilling for the Usurper XiDen, as usual.

Let me guess.....They're using

F

B

I

statistics.

Yeah, like I'll ever believe them again in my life.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-02-24 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Homicides aren't the end all and be all of crime. Theft is huge right now, as are assaults. And yeah, a lot of it isn't being prosecuted.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    There was a big spike in crime beginning of covid, now claimed a big drop. Whether that's Brandon admin playing with stats as election gets closer I can't say, but:

Homicides See Historic Decline In 2023 Despite Perceptions That Crime Is On The Rise

After the pandemic brought historic spikes in murders, the U.S. is poised to finish the year with a historic drop in homicides and drops in other crime categories, a finding that conflicts with public perceptions that crime is on the rise, according to a recent analysis of criminal justice data.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesfa...is-on-the-rise
    What you need to take into account is assaults and batteries, especially assaults with deadly weapons and aggravated batteries. A drop in homicides usually equates to improvements in medical tech/practices... not a drop in anything. So... look at how often we TRY to kill each other... THAT is the telling statistic for these discussions...and they're on the rise. We just got better at saving peoples' lives afterwards.
    Last edited by Entryteam; 02-03-24 at 09:38. Reason: stupid grammar choices
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No report= no crime. Case in point: when I was an LEO we had a university in our city with it’s own sworn police department. For most on-campus crime greater than a misdemeanor they would call us to investigate and report. I asked their deputy chief who was on scene when I was taking a report one time why they called us and he told me they have to keep the stats for on-campus crime low. So the reports do not show up on their books when the city PD takes them.
    Last edited by flenna; 02-03-24 at 10:04.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Homicides aren't the end all and be all of crime. Theft is huge right now, as are assaults. And yeah, a lot of it isn't being prosecuted.
    Indeed, again, much the case in WA. Alot of what goes on isn't reported, because folks are either handling things themselves, or they know nothing will be done, so it's pointless.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yup I have talks with our county judges about petty crime makes more victims than a homicide. Then our shitty prosecutors deal everything down to probation. The judge asked a probation officer what she felt was the percentage of people who fail probation at the start. She said easily 75%. Our prisons are closing down whole housing units because they don't have the bodies to put in them.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 02-03-24 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    Our cities are burning, Fentinel is freely crossing the border along with millions of illegal men and women, human trafficking is rampant, and there is a new dollar limit on what constitutes a crime. But crime is lower thanks to JB? Whats next? They will claim our economy is booming!
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 02-03-24 at 11:26.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    There was a big spike in crime beginning of covid, now claimed a big drop. Whether that's Brandon admin playing with stats as election gets closer I can't say, but:

Homicides See Historic Decline In 2023 Despite Perceptions That Crime Is On The Rise

After the pandemic brought historic spikes in murders, the U.S. is poised to finish the year with a historic drop in homicides and drops in other crime categories, a finding that conflicts with public perceptions that crime is on the rise, according to a recent analysis of criminal justice data.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesfa...is-on-the-rise
    Again, why are you believing anything coming out of the MSM especially statistics? Remember how the CDC and FBI data reports gun crimes to include suicides to inflate gun deaths? I mean you seriously can't be that gullible to believe stuff like this?

Oh BTW if you want to have a real laugh go look at what they put under Race compared to the picture of the mugshots of those who get caught doing violent crime and you'll realize how blatant the lies are.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-04-24 at 02:21.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What I read here are a lot of people describing the point at which local people return to addressing crimes outside the judicial system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast