Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which ADM mount for Viper PST Gen 2 1x6x24

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Which ADM mount for Viper PST Gen 2 1x6x24

Hello all

Opinions on a ADM mount for my new to me Vortex scope. It's going on an AR with BUIS. I also like a QR mount. It currently has a Warne MSR mount on it...

I was looking at the Recon or Recon X with 2 inch offset for eye relief.

Appreciate any and all comments!

Thank you
    Last edited by pag23; 02-04-24 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If it were me, I would not get a heavier mount with that scope. It is already quite heavy. The DD or Warne XSKEL are both lighter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use the standard Recon to mount that optic in front of BUIS.

The DD is less than 3 ounces lighter than the ADM, and it's not QD.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had repeatable return to zero with the BOBRO extended mount that I use on a Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6x24 LPVO that weighs 25 oz. It's been rock solid for over 5 years.

https://www.mountsplus.com/bobro-30mm-mount.html

Feedback Score
    I have the ADM M recon qd mount on my Razor, and a regular Recon qd on my BCM and they work well, but they now cost $240+ and I'm not sure that they're worth the money. As mentioned above the Bobro is probably a better option for a few dollars more and lighter weight. I do like the Warne mounts as well. I've never had Warne's with qd but I had many years of hunting with a S&W M&P10 with the Warne mount on it and it held up really well after being carried and dropped all over the north woods.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I have the ADM M recon qd mount on my Razor, and a regular Recon qd on my BCM and they work well, but they now cost $240+ and I'm not sure that they're worth the money. As mentioned above the Bobro is probably a better option for a few dollars more and lighter weight. I do like the Warne mounts as well. I've never had Warne's with qd but I had many years of hunting with a S&W M&P10 with the Warne mount on it and it held up really well after being carried and dropped all over the north woods.
    The Bobro dual lever mount’s base length has caused figment issues with BUIS and short mounting space on the optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Why are we using traditional BUIS with LPVO anyways?

ADM will always recommend the Delta over the Recon (I just had this conversation with them last week) because of the horizontal vs vertical split rings. Always go horizontal when you can.

From my email with the head ADM mil/LE rep:
    "The solid design of the delta line with the base, rise, and lower half of the ring being one solid piece is much stronger. The recon line has a vertically split ring system. With any vertically split ring system you are limited by the clamping force of the bottom two screws to lock the rings in place to the base."

Personally, I think QD is overrated, how often are we actually removing our scope mounts? Nothing wrong with QD, but it's a little bit of added weight that will likely never be used. IMO.

Instead of traditional inline BUIS, why not a secondary aiming device, like a 45* or top mounted RDS?

And just for clarification, I am writing an LPVO white paper and currently have in my possession:

Reptilia 1.54 34mm
    Vortex Lightweight 1.5 30 and 34mm
    Badger 1.7 30 and 34mm
    KAC 1.93 30mm
    ADM Recon 1.93 30mm
    ADM Delta 1.93 30mm
    FAST LPVO 30mm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Why are we using traditional BUIS with LPVO anyways?

ADM will always recommend the Delta over the Recon (I just had this conversation with them last week) because of the horizontal vs vertical split rings. Always go horizontal when you can.

From my email with the head ADM mil/LE rep:
    "The solid design of the delta line with the base, rise, and lower half of the ring being one solid piece is much stronger. The recon line has a vertically split ring system. With any vertically split ring system you are limited by the clamping force of the bottom two screws to lock the rings in place to the base."

Personally, I think QD is overrated, how often are we actually removing our scope mounts? Nothing wrong with QD, but it's a little bit of added weight that will likely never be used. IMO.

Instead of traditional inline BUIS, why not a secondary aiming device, like a 45* or top mounted RDS?

And just for clarification, I am writing an LPVO white paper and currently have in my possession:

Reptilia 1.54 34mm
    Vortex Lightweight 1.5 30 and 34mm
    Badger 1.7 30 and 34mm
    KAC 1.93 30mm
    ADM Recon 1.93 30mm
    ADM Delta 1.93 30mm
    FAST LPVO 30mm
    Thanks for the advice on the Recon vs Delta...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    ..snip...

...snip...
    I will look forward to reading it if you decide to publish it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I need a new photo hosting service to attach a photo, but I fail to see how it's possible to mount a PST Gen 2 1-6 with an ADM Delta with both levers engaging the receiver. With this optic, cantilever isn't optional.

There's no doubt that the Delta is a stronger mount, but that does no good if it can't place the optic in a usable position.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast