Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele gritty first stage SSA-E

Feedback Score

Geissele gritty first stage SSA-E

I have roughly 12-14 Geissele SSA-E’s (installed way more for friends & colleges), itÂ’s my favorite overall trigger. However this last one has a gritty, rough sandpaper like first stage take up, and then breaks as normal on the second stage like an icicle. Does anyone know what could cause this? I saw a long, rough burr line on the sear, and also, the hammer has worn off its coating only on one side and not on the other (the first and second stage doesnÂ’t stand up straight, it has a slight canÂ’t to the right).

Installed on a Aero mil spec lower for a SD build. Anyone ever experience it? Geissele told me to ship it to them on my dime and theyÂ’ll look at it, but IÂ’d rather fix it myself (if possible). If this is supposed to go in the technical discussion I apologize, IÂ’m new here. Thanks.

EDIT - I have no round through this, the wear just came from racking it and dry firing. I also installed another new SSA-E, in the same lower as a test, and it had no problems at all, was perfect like the rest.
    Last edited by Javon; 02-10-24 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like one dropped through the cracks. Ship it back. Those surfaces are EDM cut, and I don't see how you would be able to fix it to the point where it would be indistinguishable from one of your others. Besides, even if you were able to match the geometry and smoothness, the surface hardness would be altered. They will replace it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best course of action is to return it as instructed.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Sounds like one dropped through the cracks. Ship it back. Those surfaces are EDM cut, and I don't see how you would be able to fix it to the point where it would be indistinguishable from one of your others. Besides, even if you were able to match the geometry and smoothness, the surface hardness would be altered. They will replace it.
    Those are all excellent points. Going to follow your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Best course of action is to return it as instructed.
    ThatÂ’s what IÂ’m going to do. Thank you.

IMG_9557.jpeg

ItÂ’s hard to see because of the resolution but you can see a burr, like when sharpening a knife. IÂ’m sure theyÂ’ll take care of it. All their stuff is perfect imo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I probably have a few more than you and have never had this happen.

I just checked the one I put in my most recent build, finished last week, and it is smooth as butter on the first stage.

Agree send it back.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I also have several G triggers, never had an issue with one being gritty. I agree, return it, they cost too much to accept that.

Feedback Score
    Return it. They’ll repair or replace it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I probably have a few more than you and have never had this happen.

I just checked the one I put in my most recent build, finished last week, and it is smooth as butter on the first stage.

Agree send it back.
    Thanks guys, I’m definitely sending it back. But just out of personal curiosity because I’ve installed & own so many & so do you, from the photo, what do you think it is? Do you think it’s the rough metal burr line I pointed the red arrow to on the sear? Or impossible to tell if not in person? Just curious what you thought might be the cause because many of you guys installed even more than me. I don’t mean to nerd out, but I can’t stop contemplating what the cause it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Javon; 02-11-24 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Javon View Post
    Thanks guys, I’m definitely sending it back. But just out of personal curiosity because I’ve installed & own so many & so do you, from the photo, what do you think it is? Do you think it’s the rough metal burr line I pointed the red arrow to on the sear? Or impossible to tell if not in person? Just curious what you thought might be the cause because many of you guys installed even more than me. I don’t mean to nerd out, but I can’t stop contemplating what the cause it. Thanks.
    Put it back in a lower, pad the hammer strike, and observe. If it's the burr it should be readily apparent. A Geissele with a burr is no bueno anyway. Canted hammer could be the lower, whatever. Some f***y shit going on there, may be more than just Geissele, just sayin.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 02-11-24 at 16:22.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Javon View Post
    All their stuff is perfect imo.
    I can absolutely assure you that is not true. But they do have great CS and will fix this for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast