Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele gritty first stage SSA-E

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    Put it back in a lower, pad the hammer strike, and observe. If it's the burr it should be readily apparent. A Geissele with a burr is no bueno anyway. Canted hammer could be the lower, whatever. Some f***y shit going on there, may be more than just Geissele, just sayin.
    Everything you said makes 100%. I thought of the lower being out of spec, thatÂ’s why I installed another new SSA-E I already had (I mentioned it above along with the photo) and it worked perfectly. So thatÂ’s why I think it might be the burr. You can clearly see the burr in the photo if you zoom in. I was thinking about filing the burr off but was afraid IÂ’d screw it up and/or void the warranty with Geissele.

IMG_9557.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9550.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I can absolutely assure you that is not true. But they do have great CS and will fix this for you.
    Fair enough, youÂ’re right. I guess IÂ’m just a little biased towards Geissele because after 15 years everything IÂ’ve bought & used (other folks stuff too) has been perfect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Javon View Post
    Everything you said makes 100%. I thought of the lower being out of spec, that’s why I installed another new SSA-E I already had (I mentioned it above along with the photo) and it worked perfectly. So that’s why I think it might be the burr. You can clearly see the burr in the photo if you zoom in. I was thinking about filing the burr off but was afraid I’d screw it up and/or void the warranty with Geissele.

IMG_9557.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9550.jpeg
    If you file the burr, Geissele will tell you to pound sand.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    Yeah, you’re right. Someone earlier in this thread said not to do that also for functional reasons besides warranty reasons. Geissele will take care of it. Thanks for everyone’s advice.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Pretty much and I wouldn’t blame them. Return it and let.them deal with it.

Feedback Score
    Let Geissele look at it, and DO NOT TOUCH IT! I have SSA-E's in my 4 AR-15's...the first one I paid $300 for from Geissele and it was such a great trigger I bought 3 more from PSA when they had them on sale for $150. The first one was a large pin Colt with a sear block (Colt Sporter HBAR). Geissele was the only place I could get a great trigger for my Colt...I ground the top of the sear-block off so I could put a full auto bolt carrier without the exposed firing pin. With 52 grain match ammo I fired a 100 6x in rapid sitting even with the stupid sear-bock. That is with a 1/7 twist and it shoots just as good with 69 grain, 75 grain, and 77 grain...I love that Colt!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Abe View Post
    Let Geissele look at it, and DO NOT TOUCH IT! I have SSA-E's in my 4 AR-15's...the first one I paid $300 for from Geissele and it was such a great trigger I bought 3 more from PSA when they had them on sale for $150. The first one was a large pin Colt with a sear block (Colt Sporter HBAR). Geissele was the only place I could get a great trigger for my Colt...I ground the top of the sear-block off so I could put a full auto bolt carrier without the exposed firing pin. With 52 grain match ammo I fired a 100 6x in rapid sitting even with the stupid sear-bock. That is with a 1/7 twist and it shoots just as good with 69 grain, 75 grain, and 77 grain...I love that Colt!!!!!
    That’s exactly what I’m going to do. The folks at Geissele seem like really nice good people besides having top notch products. I have total confidence they will take care of this.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Everything you said makes 100%. I thought of the lower being out of spec, thatÂ’s why I installed another new SSA-E I already had (I mentioned it above along with the photo) and it worked perfectly. So thatÂ’s why I think it might be the burr. You can clearly see the burr in the photo if you zoom in. I was thinking about filing the burr off but was afraid IÂ’d screw it up and/or void the warranty with Geissele.

IMG_9557.jpeg

IMG_9552.jpeg

IMG_9550.jpeg

Fair enough, youÂ’re right. I guess IÂ’m just a little biased towards Geissele because after 15 years everything IÂ’ve bought & used (other folks stuff too) has been perfect.
    Im not seeing the burr, in the first pic and burr that would affect the trigger feel would be on the underside of the disconnector hook not the side, the 2nd pic is the top of your hammer that only interfaces with the underside your bolt carrier, pretty much irrelevant to the trigger pull. Not exactly what you are trying to point at in your 3rd pic. You should be able to feel any roughness with your finger on the engagement surfaces because Im not really seeing anything in your pictures other than your FCG looking like is off center. As Ucas said your lower doesnt look right for some reason. What brand lower is that?
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Im not seeing the burr, in the first pic and burr that would affect the trigger feel would be on the underside of the disconnector hook not the side, the 2nd pic is the top of your hammer that only interfaces with the underside your bolt carrier, pretty much irrelevant to the trigger pull. Not exactly what you are trying to point at in your 3rd pic. You should be able to feel any roughness with your finger on the engagement surfaces because Im not really seeing anything in your pictures other than your FCG looking like is off center. As Ucas said your lower doesnt look right for some reason. What brand lower is that?
    If what your saying about the burr is true (although I have a red arrow pointing to the starting of it) not effecting it because itÂ’s on the other side then I was wrong and itÂ’s something else. However I understand what your describing about the hammer only having wear on the very top (thatÂ’s how all my other GeisseleÂ’s are too - just the normal wear from rubbing against the bottom of the Reciprocating bolt carrier - however if you look at the second photo (itÂ’s taken sideways) the wear is only on one side going from the bottom to the top (IÂ’ve never seen that before) but again, that may not be the cause of the issue (IÂ’m just guessing asking for your guys opinions). On the third photo youÂ’re absolutely right, it is off center (my other GeisseleÂ’s are all dead center). However I installed the trigger in two other striped lowers and it was the exact same off center (those two striped lowers was an Aero and a Spikes tactical). The original lower was a stripped Aero lower (with one of those PDQ buttons installed from
    Aero, not me). So maybe itÂ’s gritty because itÂ’s off center (maybe a bent pin, something else - I donÂ’t know, just guessing).

It doesnÂ’t really matter, Geissele has top level customer service (everyone IÂ’ve ever talked to there is incredibly knowledgeable, kind and professional and seem eager to resolve any issue). As I said in 15 years of buying tons of their stuff NOTHING has gone wrong. IÂ’ve only ever had to call them for technical support. IÂ’m sure this trigger would work fine if I shot it, I just donÂ’t like gritty 1st stage. Anyway I sent it back so IÂ’m sure theyÂ’ll take care of it. Not worried.

If what your saying about the burr is true (although I have a red arrow pointing to the starting of it) not effecting it because itÂ’s on the other side then I was wrong and itÂ’s something else. However I understand what your describing about the hammer only having wear on the very top (thatÂ’s how all my other GeisseleÂ’s are too - just the normal wear from rubbing against the bottom of the Reciprocating bolt carrier - however if you look at the second photo (itÂ’s taken sideways) the wear is only on one side going from the bottom to the top (IÂ’ve never seen that before) but again, that may not be the cause of the issue (IÂ’m just guessing asking for your guys opinions). On the third photo youÂ’re absolutely right, it is off center (my other GeisseleÂ’s are all dead center). However I installed the trigger in two other striped lowers and it was the exact same off center (those two striped lowers was an Aero and a Spikes tactical). The original lower was a stripped Aero lower (with one of those PDQ buttons installed from
    Aero, not me). So maybe itÂ’s gritty because itÂ’s off center (maybe a bent pin, something else - I donÂ’t know, just guessing).

It doesnÂ’t really matter, Geissele has top level customer service (everyone IÂ’ve ever talked to there is incredibly knowledgeable, kind and professional and seem eager to resolve any issue). As I said in 15 years of buying tons of their stuff NOTHING has gone wrong. IÂ’ve only ever had to call them for technical support. IÂ’m sure this trigger would work fine if I shot it, I just donÂ’t like gritty 1st stage. Anyway I sent it back so IÂ’m sure theyÂ’ll take care of it. Not worried.
    EDIT - I just want to make one thing perfectly clear. The whole reason I started the this thread was to pick all of your experienced brains to see if I could fix it without having to send it back, maybe I was doing something wrong and didnÂ’t know it and would learn it from you guys. This is absolutely no knock against Geissele whatsoever- just the opposite, I will continue to be a Geissele customer & fan regardless of this trigger. I think they make the best stuff imo.

Feedback Score
    I'm beginning to gag a little on the Geissele perfection.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm gagging a little that this thread is still going.

It isn't that complicated, send it back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast