Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not often I lust after something,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's not often I lust after something,

That's not gun related, but then I saw this...

They haven't listed a price as of this morning, but it look like 100K minimum.

Feedback Score
    I get it…..double necks are really impractical but just super cool and awesome. Clearly they’re going after the collectors. But if Gibson were to put this in production for a decent price I’d buy one.

I passed on a Gibson 1275 signed by Jimmy years ago for $5,500. Ask me how stupid I was to pass that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will go way above that...famous axes go for chingos of coin!! I follow a lot of music related stuff. Quick search:

Kurt Cobain’s 1959 Martin D-18E acoustic guitar from Nirvana’s iconic MTV Unplugged performance sold for $6 million at Julien’s Auction. This broke the record for the most expensive guitar ever sold

February 17, 2005. Jimi Hendrix's 1965 Fender Stratocaster burnt by Hendrix in March 1967 at the Finsbury Astoria sells for £100,000 at an auction in London

Alex Lifeson rocking one of his favorites, especially early on, the redoubtable Gibson ES-355. This guitar sold at auction 2 yrs ago for for $384,000.

I had a 1970 fender strat starburst I sold back in the 90's to get gun stuff...ugghh.
    Last edited by Artos; 02-22-24 at 10:02.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I get it…..double necks are really impractical but just super cool and awesome. Clearly they’re going after the collectors. But if Gibson were to put this in production for a decent price I’d buy one.

I passed on a Gibson 1275 signed by Jimmy years ago for $5,500. Ask me how stupid I was to pass that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a limited edition Guitar, so even at 100K it's going to only grow in value.
    Signed by Jimmy Page (if he's at the event?) the price will easily go to 500K.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've been eyeballing a double neck for a little bit now. Nothing this expensive, but a player. I just know I'd kick myself later for dropping 5k on a guitar that hurts my bad back.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been thinking about a Ricky 12 string. Never had one before and think it would be interesting. Double necks seem like they would be heavy as F.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine had a gorgeous old Martin acoustic, 1937 I think, don't recall the model. I lost touch with him then ran into him about 5 years later, in the late 80s. To my horror, he'd gotten himself twisted up on coke and pawned it for 300$. I'd have given him a k for it. I don't even want to know what it's worth today.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Double necks seem like they would be heavy as F.
    The SGs are light guitars in single configurations. So they're the model to double up on. They're such a romantic idea, but I can see regretting the purchase pretty quickly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I love Jimmy Pages guitar playing.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've been eyeballing a double neck for a little bit now. Nothing this expensive, but a player. I just know I'd kick myself later for dropping 5k on a guitar that hurts my bad back.
    It looks like Epiphones will follow suit and make one we can justify.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast