Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's not often I lust after something,

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The sound and look of the Gibson black and white double neck electric guitar played by Don Felder during the intro to Hotel California is distinctive and melodic. I've always associated that guitar and that song.
    There's an excellent YouTube video where Don Felder explains how he played Hotel California on the original studio recording versus how he played it live. And I think he might have even simplified it further later on. From memory the original was on an acoustic.

Also, Rick Beato and some others have pointed out that the auto tune/pitch correction virus is hitting original recordings/videos now on YouTube and Spotify. Including Hotel California.

Point being unless you're using an old recording you are not listening to the original performance anymore, sadly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here ya go fellas...Alex Lifeson w/ a gibson replica. He played the double a lot & consider him one of the goats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTRemFvBRQ
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I play mandolin, some go for $100k. Mine is worth $1,000. Stringed instruments, it's crazy.
    My Guitar Guru's Wife plays classical Violin. You could buy a real nice Truck for the price of one of her bows.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My Guitar Guru's Wife plays classical Violin. You could buy a real nice Truck for the price of one of her bows.
    Damn!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    I had a 1970 fender strat starburst I sold back in the 90's to get gun stuff...ugghh.

My regret is my 1973 custom Les Paul…..black and gold…all original PERFECT condition. Oh man it was gorgeous. Sold it in ‘86 to buy an Uzi. ****ing idiot kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    My regret is my 1973 custom Les Paul…..black and gold…all original PERFECT condition. Oh man it was gorgeous. Sold it in ‘86 to buy an Uzi. ****ing idiot kid.
    Who'd guess that vintage guitar/amp buyers would become as crazy as KAC fanboys.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Who'd guess that vintage guitar/amp buyers would become as crazy as KAC fanboys.
    Exactly! I still own the Uzi…..it’s my only MG and that Les Paul would probably still bring more money! Craziness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    There's an excellent YouTube video where Don Felder explains how he played Hotel California on the original studio recording versus how he played it live. And I think he might have even simplified it further later on. From memory the original was on an acoustic.

Also, Rick Beato and some others have pointed out that the auto tune/pitch correction virus is hitting original recordings/videos now on YouTube and Spotify. Including Hotel California.

Point being unless you're using an old recording you are not listening to the original performance anymore, sadly.
    I've seen that Felder video. Love how he described and then demonstrated his and Joe Walsh's parts in the solo.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

That sucks ass. Leave that crap for Rapp and Pop music trash.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://twitter.com/crockpics/status...51857135599915

Elvis Presley holding a Gibson EBS-1250 in 1966. Photo by Hulton Archive.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast