Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Civilian Marksmanship Program partners with TISAS for 1911A1's

Feedback Score

Civilian Marksmanship Program partners with TISAS for 1911A1's

Those Turkish 1911's are everywhere, I tell ya

"Tisas USA, a division of SDS Imports, the internationally recognized firearms manufacturer that provides high quality firearms at unrivaled value is pleased to announce a partnership with the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP).

Tisas is the first commercial manufacturer to build a 1911 pistol for CMP. The Tisas M1911 A1 is a museum-grade reproduction of a mid-war M1911A1 as it was issued during the Second World War, will also be available in the CMP version, which will have the CMP logo on it, and sold exclusively through CMP stores."

https://thecmp.org/tisas-partners-wi...d-1911-pistol/
    Last edited by Slater; 02-27-24 at 18:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Those Turkish 1911's are everywhere, I tell ya

"Tisas USA, a division of SDS Imports, the internationally recognized firearms manufacturer that provides high quality firearms at unrivaled value is pleased to announce a partnership with the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP).

Tisas is the first commercial manufacturer to build a 1911 pistol for CMP. The Tisas M1911 A1 is a museum-grade reproduction of a mid-war M1911A1 as it was issued during the Second World War, will also be available in the CMP version, which will have the CMP logo on it, and sold exclusively through CMP stores."

https://thecmp.org/tisas-partners-wi...d-1911-pistol/
    That's really cool.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Man-o-man, these guys have a magic ability to see what is needed and show up with it. Gotta hand it to them. The Tisas I've looked at have been darned good, and for the money, really, really good.

That should have been Colt. Maybe, maybe.... Springfield. But Tisas is the one that showed up I guess.

Feedback Score
    $480 MSRP? I'll believe it when I see it!

The Fudds will neckbeard them then turn around and sell on Gunbroker for a cool grand (easily).

Yeah, I know, free market and all. Sigh.....
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Those are "commercial" models. I didn't see "built to CMP standards" (or whatever) in those ads. The OP clearly states that the ones in question will be built for the CMP. Now does that mean they are better? Doubt it, but attaching "CMP" to it will kick the price up I suspect.

Hey, after watching (from a distance) what happened with the CMP 1911 sales I think the prediction may be valid.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This was in the comments:

This article states that the pistol will be an “extraordinary CMP branded museum grade replica”. Tisas sells a model on their website labeled “Tisas 1911A1 “ASF” U.S. Army 45″ with similar specs and the same MSRP. What is the difference between this ordinary model that is already available and the “extraordinary” CMP branded model aside from the branding?
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    This was in the comments:

This article states that the pistol will be an “extraordinary CMP branded museum grade replica”. Tisas sells a model on their website labeled “Tisas 1911A1 “ASF” U.S. Army 45″ with similar specs and the same MSRP. What is the difference between this ordinary model that is already available and the “extraordinary” CMP branded model aside from the branding?
    Your guess is as good as mine!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A buddy at work recently bought one of the GI model 1911A1 Tisas for a little under 400 bucks. I gotta say I was pretty impressed with it.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Let's face it, CMP is running out of surplus rifles/pistols to sell and this will keep the boat afloat for an indefinite time and you know what, good for them. I'm sure the pistols will be different/special and anyone with half a brain will realize there are just replicas and not the real deal but then I'm sure someone will try and get over on someone before it is all is said and done, human nature I guess, LOL Hey if it helps fund/sponsor more shooting/training and youth involvement in the shooting sports then good for them, keep up the good work I say!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast