Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China Has Never Canceled This Many Shipments of US Wheat

Feedback Score

China Has Never Canceled This Many Shipments of US Wheat

China Has Never Canceled This Many Shipments of US Wheat

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china...160234338.html

Speculation is that Chinamart is exporting weapons to Russia and China wants paid upfront and won't accept shitbag rubles. So instead, China is taking Russian wheat offsetting what China needs from the US.

And they are getting wheat at sub-market prices.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I think Russia had been using wheat, and a lack of Ukrainian wheat, to put pressure on non-aligned countries to support them. If they are selling wheat to China, that is less wheat to use as a diplomatic carrot, or wheat.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They're going to get bit in the ass on this one.

Edit to add that I know nothing about Russian wheat, but a bit about American wheat. Certain regions and I believe it is the Dakota's grow the very best wheat to use and more importantly store.
    I'm not sure Russia has anyhting comparable.
    So if you don't know how well a grain stores and travels, you're taking a chance on losing a bit of it or even more.
    Last edited by Averageman; 03-12-24 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post

Edit to add that I know nothing about Russian wheat, but a bit about American wheat. Certain regions and I believe it is the Dakota's grow the very best wheat to use and more importantly store.
    So if you don't know how well a grain stores and travels, you're taking a chance on losing a bit of it or even more.
    You're assuming the PRC cares what they feed their people. They don't.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I know little about wheat in general, but I know US wheat has a higher protein content than most Euro wheat, which is why some sensitivities are more noticed in US populations despite actual incidence being higher in some parts of Europe. From what I’m told, US wheat is bred or modified specifically to maximize this content, and there are legal restrictions to where it can be shipped.

I also noticed wheat suddenly being planted all over rural SC in 2022, for the first time since moving there. The climate and terrain is completely wrong for wheat, or so I’m told, because wheat gets destroyed by late-season rains, though it looks like the lucked out and got a harvest in before that happened. Could it be that total US crop yields were above projections?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I know little about wheat in general, but I know US wheat has a higher protein content than most Euro wheat, which is why some sensitivities are more noticed in US populations despite actual incidence being higher in some parts of Europe. From what I’m told, US wheat is bred or modified specifically to maximize this content, and there are legal restrictions to where it can be shipped.

I also noticed wheat suddenly being planted all over rural SC in 2022, for the first time since moving there. The climate and terrain is completely wrong for wheat, or so I’m told, because wheat gets destroyed by late-season rains, though it looks like the lucked out and got a harvest in before that happened. Could it be that total US crop yields were above projections?
    I know if you buy Wheat for food storage, you want a hard, high protien wheat that is very dry.
    Those conditions are pretty good for the midwest, but they aren't found everywhere.
    How it is shipped and under what conditions etc., you could lose an awful lot of grain.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I know if you buy Wheat for food storage, you want a hard, high protien wheat that is very dry.
    Those conditions are pretty good for the midwest, but they aren't found everywhere.
    How it is shipped and under what conditions etc., you could lose an awful lot of grain.
    Yeah. In Europe, you don’t see this type of wheat as much.

Feedback Score
    For all the rages bout European breads, this last summer when I was in Italy and especially FRance, I found the bread to be about Panera grade. Even the ‘artisanal’ grades in Paris proper with a foodie guide. Wonder if that has something to do with the wheat? Our wheat has gotten better over the past 50 years and we stopped eating so much “Wonder’ Bread.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t find bread anywhere particularly noteworthy, except Louisiana, Afghanistan, Pakistan, E Africa. France and Italy are unremarkable…don’t lynch me. I’ve heard NY has unique bread, but I stay away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve heard NY has unique bread, but I stay away.
    Everyone says it has to do with the water from the Catskill Water Shed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast