Thread: 38 super & 9x19 same extractor

Feedback Score

38 super & 9x19 same extractor

Hello,everyone
    Can an extractor be tuned to work with both?

Will the ejector work with both?

Would an ejector tuned for 9x19 be better with the rimless .38 Super Comp instead of the semi-rimmed .38 Super?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wrong forum; this is Revolvers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Moved
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robison02 View Post
    Hello,everyone

Would an ejector tuned for 9x19 be better with the rimless .38 Super Comp instead of the semi-rimmed .38 Super?
    I have a full size gun that was built for that concept, so yes.

The extractor is an Aftec.
    The ejector is an EGW.

The breech is cut for 38 Super (factory slide) but the gun was constructed to run 9x19 or 9x23. It will run 38 Super in this 9x23 barrel.
    Swap the caliber specific barrel and recoil assembly, everything else is the same.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robison02 View Post
    Hello,everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, on Extractor. I run a 9mm EGW extractor on a .38 Super/9mm gun that was tensioned to shoot standard .38 Super, 9mm (with barrel change) or Rimless Super ammo using Super Comp, TJM Brass.

A 9mm barrel/ammo works in the slide as well.

The ejector (also EGW) was a slightly cutdown 9mm (for nose length) that works with 9mm or Super.
    Apparently there’s an ejector available now that is already configured for both 9 and Super (above post).
    This wasn’t available when I put my”switch caliber” slide together yrs back.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Colt .38 super, full size government model. I have a Brown drop in 9mm barrel. I use a 13# recoil spring for the 9mm and a 15# for the .38 super. Both recoil springs are WC flatwire springs. My extractor is a Wilson Combat bullet proof, the ejector is stock Colt. Very reliable as a .38 super, I would carry this pistol. As a 9mm, once I found the right recoil spring weight, it has been reliable enough for match use. I use actual 9mm intended mags with the 9mm barrel, although some of my .38 mags do work. The 9mm designed mags are just better.