Thread: Stipled Grips

Feedback Score

Stipled Grips

Stipled grips such as a the one Burwell offers for the M&P's, are the allowed in IPSC? I was told that they are not allowed in either IDPA or IPSC but the individual could not verify this for me.

-DM-

Feedback Score
    In the Production division of USPSA stippling is only allowed in certain areas. It says in the rulebook "Checkering, stippling, and/or tape may only be applied to the areas illustrated by the dashed line boundaries which include the frontstrap and backstrap." There is an illustration on the website.

In IDPA it will move you from Stock Service Pistol division to Enhanced Service Pistol division.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryXD View Post
    In the Production division of USPSA stippling is only allowed in certain areas. It says in the rulebook "Checkering, stippling, and/or tape may only be applied to the areas illustrated by the dashed line boundaries which include the frontstrap and backstrap." There is an illustration on the website.

In IDPA it will move you from Stock Service Pistol division to Enhanced Service Pistol division.
    Thanks, I am looking at a Glock 34 for IPSC and it has stipled grips and was not sure if it was legal for production.

-DM-