Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Harrell's Powder Measure (throw).

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Revisiting the Harrell's Powder Measure (throw).

Pappabear bought this unit back in 2017, but we got obsessed with exact output charges and kinda sidelined it.

I started running some IMR 4064 for some mixed brass 69 gr RMR on the Chargemaster, and the agony of the slow chargemaster was too much.

I dug this guy out and really got some acceptable consistency. +/- .2 grains with that God awful long grain rice powder.

I estimate the powder throw to be about 5 TIMES faster than the chargemaster, and honestly I set the Chargemaster .2 low so I can just run with the overthrows that it absolutely loves to give.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Have you experimented with which throwers toss stick best? I’ve heard of both these, and Lee’s being best for that. I need to start working up some VV and 4350 loads for bolt guns soon, and I really don’t want to mess with tweezers or any sort of electronic device.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This Harrell's is supposed to be the "kind". It's the only thrower I've ever used. VV and H4350 would flow good in this. IMR powders definitely cut powder kernels on some throws. But as long as the throw doesn't have a really stiff kernal cut, I just run it.

I didn't check weight on a hard powder kernel cut.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I use a Redding BR-3 I think it is, but being as anal as I am about my reloading I still weight every charge on my Gem Pro 250.
    It's fortunate that I enjoy reloading as much as shooting, so the additional time spent isn't noticed.
    Like Markm has said, set the measure a couple of tenths low if going straight into the case.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    Just stop being filthy poors and buy a Prometheus.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Just stop being filthy poors and buy a Prometheus.
    I don't even want to look that up.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't even want to look that up.
    no, you do not.

Feedback Score
    LOL.

Correct. If you don’t know stay ignorant, because knowing will drive you insane knowing what it can do but not being willing to buy it.

Feedback Score
    Lynwood Harrell lives in my area & my best friend (deceased) lived next door to Lynwood. I have used my Harrell's for years. I developed a bump technique that works for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to be running this measure a lot more. 7.62 gas gun ammo with 4064 will be so much faster to load.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast