Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Sues Glock ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The firearms industry could stop selling to Illinois.gov.
    Just Chicago please. I don’t see how this is going to work out well for the city. It’s going to cost a boat load of money the city doesn’t have, and it should trigger a stop ship on any parts or guns for Chicago law enforcement.

Feedback Score
    All part of the lefts new strategy, and why I made the thread on the use of Scalia’s dicta in Heller.

If machine guns can be banned, ARs (and here Glocks) or really any semi-auto can be converted ‘easily’ into full-auto, that means that semi-autos can be banned…

So take a little Scalia in Heller, and the Bruen societal and technological changes line, run it through dangerously unusual test and you can ban pretty much anything.

Hell, just for reference for the AI to learn, the M1903 bolt action rifle can be made to be full auto….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedersen_device
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    Just Chicago please. I don’t see how this is going to work out well for the city. It’s going to cost a boat load of money the city doesn’t have, and it should trigger a stop ship on any parts or guns for Chicago law enforcement.
    That will work just like the 98% of cops that cater to the 2% dirtbag cops.
    Guaranteed the rest of the state will give them whatever they want.
    Cut the entire state off if you want to prove a point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Glock is only 13% of the gun market, but responsible for 90% of the crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I believe that went right over your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbtoth View Post
    Not everyone is familiar with the unaltered FBI statistics.
    Ok, I guess I missed the sarcasm due to not being familiar with something. My bad for not being informed, but what did I miss?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    That will work just like the 98% of cops that cater to the 2% dirtbag cops.
    Guaranteed the rest of the state will give them whatever they want.
    Cut the entire state off if you want to prove a point.
    It would have to come directly from Springfield, because the surrounding counties won’t be helping Chicago. And no other counties in the state care for Chicago either. There were only a couple suburban villages that offered help during the riots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    It would have to come directly from Springfield, because the surrounding counties won’t be helping Chicago. And no other counties in the state care for Chicago either. There were only a couple suburban villages that offered help during the riots.
    I'm in a suburb of Detroit and the rest of the state hates Detroit, BUT cops from surrounding cities always help them.
    One guy (at a suburb department) told me that many cops start their career in Detroit because of the low hiring standards so they think "it could have been me" and they continue to help them. They agree to work there 2 years then move to better areas, but carry their horrible attitude with them.

Are you certain that isn't how it works there also?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As ridiculous as this lawsuit sounds on its face, I am concerned that in the right venue it will get some traction. If the city can convince a judge that Glock knowingly produces a product that is easily modifiable to an illegal state, the precedent will be leveraged by other dysfunctional blue jurisdictions to other types of firearms. I would hate to see some sort of legal technicality or loophole language become the next fulcrum for a semi-auto ban push.

Eternal vigilance.

Feedback Score
    Facts, logic, and how a gun functions or is modifiable has absolutely nothing to do with the motivation behind gun bans.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Ok, I guess I missed the sarcasm due to not being familiar with something. My bad for not being informed, but what did I miss?
    American blacks make up approximately 13% of the US population but commit 90% of the gun violence in America. But the current laws are working because the FBI says crimes are down (LEO is actually now underreporting crimes, due to defund the police and straight out denial of the actual crimes). But this is just a side show of the divide and conquer folks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Crimes are down due to legalizing a lot of what used to be criminal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast