Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Francis Scott Key bridge is no more - video

Feedback Score

Francis Scott Key bridge is no more - video

Large ship hits support column causing bridge collapse
    Reports of people and cars falling into river

“It is believed that a Singapore-flagged cargo ship struck the heavily-traveled bridge. The large vessel then caught fire before it sank.“

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-68663071

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-...using-collapse
    Last edited by Lacos; 03-26-24 at 03:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Saw that the bridge collapsed. Didn't know that the ship also sank. That is terrible.

Good thing we have my former Mayor Pete Butt-plug ready to swoop in and save the day with his infrastructure expertise.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Saw that the bridge collapsed. Didn't know that the ship also sank. That is terrible.

Ship didn't sink, still there with a span of bridge resting on it. Lots of pictures online.

Glad it's an outbound ship and not inbound with my order from AliExpress.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Watching the video, a bunch of lights on the ship go on and off, especially in front. So my best guess is maybe they had a power or some other issue and lost control of the ship.

My darker side wonders if it was a computer hack of the ships control/navigation systems.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Watching the video, a bunch of lights on the ship go on and off, especially in front. So my best guess is maybe they had a power or some other issue and lost control of the ship.

My darker side wonders if it was a computer hack of the ships control/navigation systems.
    Current reporting is mentioning a loss of power on the ship, along with 6 people still unaccounted for.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I've heard that discussed elsewhere as well. It should be pointed out as well that a "severe" solar storm/CME was supposed to hit yesterday, and GPS/Radio disruptions were supposed to be possible impacts.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Pretty terrible. Fender benders with mutli thousand ton vehicles are rare, but ugly. Apparently this ship has bumped into things before.

I know there is a maritime pilot on the forum. Would love to hear some educated insight about this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Ship didn't sink, still there with a span of bridge resting on it. Lots of pictures online.

Glad it's an outbound ship and not inbound with my order from AliExpress.
    Sitting higher after offloading your stuff.��

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I can't even wrap my head around how something this fukking retarded could happen.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I can't even wrap my head around how something this fukking retarded could happen.
    Simple. A little history is needed though. In order to cut costs, the US merchant Marine fleet was basically eliminated. Well, over 90% of these large container and cruise ships are foreign flagged. Many years ago, most of these ships coming into US ports, had US flags in US crews operating them. Now they're all operated by what's referred to as "flag of convenience" carriers. They flag the ship in countries that have very relaxed safety and qualification rules. At least compared to US standards. They are trying to do the same with the airlines. What could possibly go wrong...

Anyone want to play bets on what they're going to name the bridge once it's rebuilt?
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast