Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: To Glock or Not to Glock

Feedback Score
    Nowadays $50 a pop for magazines isn't what I consider expensive, I probably paid $40 a pop for all the Sig & HK USP mags I've bought over the years.
    I've bought & sold a half dozen Glocks over the years and still have a g32 & g44. Love the modularity, my g32 (.357 sig) also has .40 s&w and 9mm conversion barrels.
    But never been a big fan of the ergonomics compared to more current designs like the M&P series, Caniks or the last gen Walthers. And Glock could easily offer a better trigger, yea there's inexpensive aftermarket fixes but nowadays Glock is at the bottom of the pile in regards to factory triggers. At their price point others have em beat.
    I like a Glock right out of the box. Simple, reliable, rugged. Like my old HK USP, it's kinda clunky but I won't ever have any surprises if I don't go nuts with mods.
    Personally if I were going to go crazy with mods, I'd start with a CZ.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I've bought & sold a half dozen Glocks over the years and still have a g32 & g44. Love the modularity, my g32 (.357 sig) also has .40 s&w and 9mm conversion barrels. .
    Believe me I get it, back in the day it was the 125 grain ammo that gave 357mag performance that drew me to .357 sig. I bought a Glock 35 and a 32, then had issues with quality control with the small ammo companies that were loading .357sig like it should be. Went back to 9mm, then started seeing reports on Underwood Leighi Defense that got me looking back at 357 sig. I tested the stuff and really liked what I saw in term of performance on flesh.

Then I jumped on my 357sig PCC, journey which was a total failure. So I am back to 357sig pistol and depending on where I might be, the truck gun is either a Zasatava "Krink" in 7.62 or an AR.

Lastly I am having MK3 firearms build be qa 3 caliber Hi Power, it will be my answer to the whole 2011 thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Believe me I get it, back in the day it was the 125 grain ammo that gave 357mag performance that drew me to .357 sig. I bought a Glock 35 and a 32, then had issues with quality control with the small ammo companies that were loading .357sig like it should be. Went back to 9mm, then started seeing reports on Underwood Leighi Defense that got me looking back at 357 sig. I tested the stuff and really liked what I saw in term of performance on flesh.

Then I jumped on my 357sig PCC, journey which was a total failure. So I am back to 357sig pistol and depending on where I might be, the truck gun is either a Zasatava "Krink" in 7.62 or an AR.

Lastly I am having MK3 firearms build be qa 3 caliber Hi Power, it will be my answer to the whole 2011 thing.
    Did you consider 135 gr and lighter bullets from 10mm and .40 cartridge guns?

There are far more choices of .40 and 10mm guns and ammo than .357 Sig.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Did you consider 135 gr and lighter bullets from 10mm and .40 cartridge guns?

There are far more choices of .40 and 10mm guns and ammo than .357 Sig.
    No the round that brought me back to the 357 sig is the 68 grain Leighi Defense in my 6 inch Glock 35 it is 2270fps. I really like the way it performs, when I shot hogs with it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456