Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My MEU(SOC) inspired project

Feedback Score

My MEU(SOC) inspired project

It began life with me as a basket case, that was missing parts. Over the last six months I have been making changes .

From something like this, (actually started worse than this, tiny sights and missing parts before I took pictures): I added Millet sights, and some parts out of my parts bin to get it running.

To this: New trigger, grips, beveled the mag well, trigger job.

To this: New beaver tail, hammer, more bevel in the mag well, raised front strap/triggerguard, EGW barrel bushing, and a coat of Norrels Moly Resin.

MEU/SOC inspired. I'm considering an ambi safety if I can find one I like. If it needs to be more accurate I may fit a Kart Barrel.

Here are pics of a couple targets I shot today.

50 foot slow fire 10 rounds. Two flyers that were definitely me. Still getting used to the new hammer/sear interaction, and snatched the trigger a bit before I settled the front sight in the middle of the black.

45 feet controlled pairs. (too slow to be double taps). Combat accurate I guess. Put about 80 round through it. No problems.
    SSGN- my new home under water. Capable of delivering150 Tomahawk missles, 90 Spec-ops operators and most importantly, I get to have a real medical space...with a door and everything!

Feedback Score
    Very cool. If I was ever to get a 1911 I'd go with SA, most likely the MC Operator. Nice project gun.

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I like it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Very sexy.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Looks great! I love the simple no BS look and the lack of FCS are always a plus .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    sweeeet!

what hammer is that?
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frens View Post
    sweeeet!

what hammer is that?
    The hammer is a take-off part from one of my friends Colt Commander.
    SSGN- my new home under water. Capable of delivering150 Tomahawk missles, 90 Spec-ops operators and most importantly, I get to have a real medical space...with a door and everything!

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I'm working on something similar, built around a Colt M1991A1.

Feedback Score
    By MEU/SOC project, are you referring to a Marine Expeditionary Unit/Special Operations Capable project? Haven't seen that jargon for a number of years, I miss the Corps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    By MEU/SOC project, are you referring to a Marine Expeditionary Unit/Special Operations Capable project? Haven't seen that jargon for a number of years, I miss the Corps.

Yes. Old skool, before the MC operator buzz.

Semper-Fi,
    Doc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast