Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kill Switch added to new cars?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Kill Switch added to new cars?

Via John Stossel

The government may soon be able to shut down your car. Biden’s $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill includes a kill switch for new cars.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That’s been possible since onstar.

Feedback Score
    Clipped from OP vid. That's way over the top Big Brother. No thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's all worth it if you don't like Trump! Forget freedom when you can be mad at a guy who actually wants to improve America.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Clipped from OP vid. That's way over the top Big Brother. No thanks.

I wonder how long it will take for ecm "repair" to be available to remove that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for ecm "repair" to be available to remove that.
    It will vary by vehicle, and demand. Vehicles that are often tuned for more power will likely have that option made available in the aftermarket fairly quickly, as there is a lot of demand to have their ECU's software reverse engineered. On most vehicles, however, it is unlikely to ever happen.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    It will vary by vehicle, and demand. Vehicles that are often tuned for more power will likely have that option made available in the aftermarket fairly quickly, as there is a lot of demand to have their ECU's software reverse engineered. On most vehicles, however, it is unlikely to ever happen.
    That is sad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    That is sad.
    Yeah, it really is. It's overall sad watching the decline of the principles that made America, and this is just another area where autonomous liberty is being eroded by the very people tasked with protecting it.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Unfortunately, companies do this to make a profit. That puts them under heavy regulation by the feds. They've been cracking down hard on aftermarket companies in recent years. About the only way you could do it without running afoul of Big Brother, is to post the code online for free as 1st Amendment protected speech.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    While I am hardly an expert in these things, I suspect it'll be "hard-wired" into the system and any attempt to deactivate will make the vehicle inoperable.

My wife and I have a 2023 Hyundai Elantra as a work and run-around car. It has that damn reminder thing that bleeps if you go left of center (or too close to the line) or to the right of the edge line. It'll flash "Consider taking a break" with a cup of coffee pictured. It doesn't flash that warning until it's happened a couple of times. I don't drive around drunk but I might swerve a tad screwing with a burger or such. I can see exactly how that technology would work though......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast