Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Anyone still .40 S&W?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    That $275 pistol is solid and proven. But Glock triggers are so hot and miss. Guys say to “shoot em till they smooth out…”. But at today’s ammo prices (or powder/primer, you are money ahead just getting a decent trigger. That Glock Performance Trigger ain’t a Johnny Glock, but it is definitely a value improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In my experience revolver triggers usually smooth out, the M&P hinged trigger smooths out, Glock triggers don't.

Feedback Score
    I've done pretty well at stopping buying used guns just because it was a decent deal.

I usually end up shooting it, improving it, (money spent), still not really caring for it, then selling it.

I did recently trade for an SKS for nostalgia reasons. Needed to put a few things back to stock before shooting it. (Spent about $80) I'll probably shoot it one or twice then sell it if I follow my pattern when I get "fun" or nostalgia guns.

But I digress.

You can buy a new S&W .40 M&P 2.0 for under $400 right now and then send off for the $75 rebate currently offered through the end of August. (I got a Compact for $379 just before the rebate. Doh!)

Shields can get the rebate, too.

I've ordered one and may another.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    gen5 Glock .40s are their own animal. Depending on the load they are very agreeable and about like a higher pressure 9. If you handload or with some of the lighter bullets (120-165) even better. I think my favorite combo was the gen5 G23 with 140 TAC XPs. I may have posted a bigger review here somewhere.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    That $275 pistol is solid and proven. But Glock triggers are so hot and miss. Guys say to “shoot em till they smooth out…”. But at today’s ammo prices (or powder/primer, you are money ahead just getting a decent trigger. That Glock Performance Trigger ain’t a Johnny Glock, but it is definitely a value improvement.
    Part of me likes that I have to work hard to shoot the gun well. I think it forces me to concentrate on fundamentals. I'm leaning towards getting good target sights with the correct POI, and living with the harsh trigger.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Part of me likes that I have to work hard to shoot the gun well. I think it forces me to concentrate on fundamentals. I'm leaning towards getting good target sights with the correct POI, and living with the harsh trigger.

Understand, and good plan. Regardless, I’m a fan of those LEO trade ins…and Glock will still warranty them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to shoot this gun once more this weekend. Then I'm removing the sights and ordering good ones. Stupid Ameriglo used the bottom of the sight in the dovetail for measurement instead of the height from the top of the slide. So I have to drift it out to get an accurate measure to fix the POI on this beast.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415