Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost to reload?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Agree! There are deals out there ya just gotta look,my shooting buddies and I have prob bought 100K SPP in the last 3 or 4 months and there around $45ish per 1K shipped. I don't really need any but SRP are still around $65/70 per 1K along with LRP. Powder is the killer at the moment with some select single LBs going for $60 bucks + ship & Hazmat! The plus with that is lots of places are doing FREE Hazmat or shipping or $5 buck shipping,all this is based on buying a certain amount,sometimes $99 bucks or $199 everyone is different,but I get emails weekly with some type of Free this or that,sign up and buy accordingly! Ron3 is probably correct in NOW is the time. I would figure out what you want to reload 1st,2nd,etc and start buying components 1st. Theirs tons of reloading equip out there used @ fair prices,Craigslist,Ebay,gun Forums,etc,the components are the big items I would concentrate on at the moment with whatever your budget will allow.
    Where are you finding primers at that cost?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I recommend a Lee turret press for newbies.

less tedious than a single press, not as complex (less likely to screw up, or rather, less consequences when you do) than a progressive press.
    I'm a Dillon fan, and not familiar with the Lee, but yes, something like this...

FWIW, I learned on a Dillon 550, and there were definitely a few messy screw-ups early on, but it's really an easy learning curve.

Now and again I consider "upgrading" to a Dillon 750, which is "faster" because it auto-indexes, but then I calculate that the occasional bigger messes due to auto-indexing will cancel out any gains in production speed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I'm a Dillon fan, and not familiar with the Lee, but yes, something like this...

FWIW, I learned on a Dillon 550, and there were definitely a few messy screw-ups early on, but it's really an easy learning curve.

Now and again I consider "upgrading" to a Dillon 750, which is "faster" because it auto-indexes, but then I calculate that the occasional bigger messes due to auto-indexing will cancel out any gains in production speed.
    Agree. If I ever bought another reloading press, it would be a second Dillon 550.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I really like my 550, and still use it, but the 650/750 with a casefeeder will really crank out the pistol ammo.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like the manual indexing on the 550b. I've never tried a 750, so I can't say if I'd like it or not.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If I just shot a couple different rounds and loads and loaded thousands at a time, Id probably get a Dillon 750 and set it up with all the bells and whistles to automate as much as possible.

As I typically load 200-500 rounds at a session and then go to a different cartridge/load, I prefer the manual indexing to keep me more engaged in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you are going to buy a Dillion press, look at the 1050.
    The swaging function is huge. I shou’d have listened to a shooing buddy when I bought the 650.

I am eyeing the Mark 7 but don’t have the room for it.

Feedback Score

I am guessing you have never loaded on a progressive press.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    I am guessing you have never loaded on a progressive press.
    Sounds to me like he's had the progressive loader train wrecks that happen from time to time if you load a lot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sounds to me like he's had the progressive loader train wrecks that happen from time to time if you load a lot.
    Or not understanding a progressive press.
    Yes, it takes a bit to get it running smoothly but once you get it going the will run great.
    The only time I have had issues is with primers because of not swageing primer pockets.
    Hence my recommendation the 1050.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast