Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over gassed ar

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    It can’t be “ill informed” as it is -informed- by my experience with the platform for 21 years.
    Spanning carbines from 11.5” to 20”. My experience is different then yours, and it was posted as my opinion to the OP.

I respect yours and as the saying goes “opinions vary”.😉
    Your post is statistically an anomaly and should be called out as such so less experienced readers on the forum are not misled.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It can’t be “ill informed” as it is -informed- by my experience with the platform for 21 years.
    Spanning carbines from 11.5” to 20”. My experience is different then yours, and it was posted as my opinion to the OP.

I respect yours and as the saying goes “opinions vary”.
    You’re going to have to give more info than that man. That opinion is going to be strongly disagreed with by most here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The US DoD also has at least 21 years of experience with SBRs. At least.

This is an interesting logical fallacy that I haven’t yet learned how to work with. Very common in the military population for whatever reason. If one of you has communication pointers that’ll help me as an educator, I’m listening.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This "DI SBRs run poorly" myth mostly comes down to the gas system setup.

5.56 barrels down to 8" will cycle and run nicely as long as the gas system length is in proper proprtion to the barrel length and the gas port is properly sized.

If either of those two are out of whack, it can cause functional issues.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You’re going to have to give more info than that man. That opinion is going to be strongly disagreed with by most here.
    Nah, my arguing on the internet days are long over. I’m ok with disagreement.

@JediGuy, overgassed SBR’s and the lengths many have to go to get’em to run right, suppressed/unsuppressed (or both) are legion. BRT does a fair business on it because of it. An anomaly it or I am not.

For my money and uses, if I went back to an SBR (suppressed/unsuppreesed combo): it’s a piston, a Colt 6933 or LMT (and only in 11.5). Did a 12.5 once and it was underwhelming as a performer. I have no experience with a 10.3/.5 and have zero desire to ever run one.

That’s as far as I go, thanks gents.
    Last edited by Patrin; 05-29-24 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Nah, my arguing on the internet days are long over. I’m ok with disagreement.

@JediGuy, overgassed SBR’s and the lengths many have to go to get’em to run right are legion. BRT does a fair business on it because of it. An anomaly it or I am not.
    Nobody said anything about arguing. Its not even a disagreement really, its you spouting what appears to be bullshit and hiding behind a lame facade instead of explaining what drove you to those conclusions. If you're not going to back up an opinion, don't bother even posting it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Did a 12.5 once and it was underwhelming as a performer. I have no experience with a 10.3/.5 and have zero desire to ever run one.
    So you don’t actually have much experience with SBRs at all. That’s fine, but why pretend otherwise?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Over gassed ar

That’s crazy. Over the last five or six years, I’ve had or still have a total of three 10.3/10.5s, two 11.5s, and two 12.5s. Out of all of those, only one of the 12.5s had an issue and it turned out to be an out of spec barrel that was replaced by the manufacturer. Several are running LMT e-carriers but that was always more of a convenience than a requirement. I could install BRT tubes and may still in the future, at least for one, but I’ve never felt the need in any of those, even when suppressed.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    @Wake, it’s been explained in the past. I don’t expect you to know that. The way you speak tells me you’re lazy. Use the resources.

@1168, reading comprehension : “Spanning carbines from 11.5 to 20”. For your benefit, two 11.5’s, one 12.5.
    Last edited by Patrin; 05-31-24 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    @Wake, it’s been explained in the past. I don’t expect you to know that. The way you speak tells me you’re lazy. Use the resources.

@1168, reading comprehension : “Spanning carbines from 11.5 to 20”. For your benefit, two 11.5’s, one 12.5.
    That is very little experience in comparison to vast institutional experience of the DoD plus a variety of other professional adopters connected to DoD, DoJ, DoS or local organizations. It’s also not enough experience to conclude that 11.5” is awesome and 12.5” is underwhelming while 10.3” is just an outright nogo. They’re entirely too close to build such a strong impression with such a small sampling, even if I partly agree.

This reminds me of the 42a that recently felt the need to explain to me that his experience in Iraq led him to dislike red dot sights. Yeah dude, I’m happy you deployed, but it was as a HR clerk….how did that experience result in the conclusion, and what makes it relevant? Or, how do I ask those questions in a tone that leads to growth rather than just being a dick?

If you’d have led off with what your experience is instead of pointing to it, yet undefined, as a source for a wild claim, you wouldn’t have gotten heckled. “I’ve tried a few SBRs, and they really seem to benefit from an adjustable gas block”.

Maybe I’m just blowing up something unimportant…dunno. I’ve been trying to find the best approach to this type of conversation for some time, unsuccessfully.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast