Thread: Rem 700 BDL 30-06 broken trigger guard

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Rem 700 BDL 30-06 broken trigger guard

I posted a WTB ad in the EE section.

I acquired a Rem 700 BDL in 30-06. The rifle was made in 1971 according to the barrel stamp. Where can I get a new trigger guard for it? Factory remington replacements seem to be unavailable. Thinking I'll have to go with something after market.

So, what's a reputable replacement for this old heirloom?
    Last edited by matemike; 05-29-24 at 00:35.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try Numrich.

Feedback Score
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Repaired perfectly with the used Numrich part.
    The only subtle difference is the old one was shiny polished blued. This replacement is matte black. It is thicker and seems tougher though. I did have to google how to remove and reinstall the leaf spring. Seemed straight forward, but I just wanted to make sure I didn’t kink the base of the spring.

All is well. Thanks again folks.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain