Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for cheap pocket handguns

Feedback Score

Looking for cheap pocket handguns

Semi auto or revolver for pocket carry. Small, light, and inexpensive. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ruger LCR? Ruger LCP Max? Those would be worth looking at, wouldn't go much cheaper than that unless you want an unreliable piece of crap.

Glock 42 or 43?

Kahr CM9?
    Last edited by kirkland; 05-29-24 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    J frame S&W revolver….many models in .38 spl for under $500. I’d spend a few hundred more and choose one in .357 mag. I’ve got an M&P 340 I pocket carry all the time. Light, compact, powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In my experience with handguns smaller guns are harder to make reliable, which means “cheap” is relative—most of the things I’d recommend are in the 400-500 dollar range new. I carry a P365 a lot, especially this time of year, and I’m super happy with it. It is a little slower and harder to control than a G19, but about as accurate on paper. There’s also plenty of gently used J-frames out there for a good price, and LE trade in G26s pop up in the $350 range from time to time.

I personally am a big fan of mag compatibility between all my guns. A G26 is super handy because you can feed it G19 or G17 mags. I’m breaking my own rule right now because the P365 is my “small” gun and a G19 is my normal carry, but I’m increasingly tempted to go to one platform. For normal EDC it’s not a huge deal, but it makes range trips much easier. And with the price of non-Glock mags, it also cuts down on the stock piling requirements.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That S&W Shield is pretty cheap and very reliable. Those PSA Dagger glock clones and be very cheap too. They also have a good reputation.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys.

S&w m&p shield is good. I have been contemplating the same.

How is Ruger max 9? Bersa firestorm?

-TL

Last edited by tangolima; 05-30-24 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    "Cheap"?

Even a Kel-tec P32 .32 is about $300 new.

If you want cheap look for an old .25 acp and clean it up well. Unless it has a safer design like some of the Berettas don't carry a round in the chamber. (But the Berettas aren't as cheap as most others)

Otherwise you'll need at least $300, plus ammo, plus a pocket holster. This is assuming you had some training and a place to shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tangolima View Post
    Thanks guys.

S&w m&p shield is good. I have been contemplating the same.

How is Ruger max 9? Bersa firestorm?

-TL

All too big for a pocket IMO.

But it's for you & your pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    All too big for a pocket IMO.

But it's for you & your pocket.
    Got it. They look pretty small, compared to my Glock 23. Will go check them out at store.

Kel tec p-32 eh?

-TL

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    9mm is the VERY bare minimum caliber I'd carry. Sheild is on the larger side of pocket, but it can be carried. Anything smaller than the shield is too weak for my preference.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast