Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm an AR15 owner, now what?

Feedback Score
    Great post! I see I will have to get some parts for my AR.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for writing the article I have been into a lot of gun stores and have never had this level of knowledge dropped on me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Awesome article and I plan to print this and keep for personal referral.

Feedback Score
    Is it not true that mil-spec is simply what the military requires? It's not the gold standard by any means. I have to believe that their are many ARs out there that exceed mil-spec. Hard to believe that someone would pay $2500.00 and up for a rifle that was just mil-spec.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    Robb,

Wow, great write up. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your extensive knowledge. I'm going to share this with my kids.

Sincerely,
    PA
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    This is a great article, I am a new owner of an Colt M4 carbine 16.1 inch barrel/1-7 twist along with a case of federal xm855 LC 13 head stamped ammo,will be looking for M193 55 gr also. I am not new to shooting only new to the AR, I served in VietNam with the Marines and humped the M60MG and my Marine brothers were packing M14s..We heard horror stories about the little rifle and most of the guys held the M16 with disdain to contempt, this was the early years of the war..This little rifle has now grown some good whiskers so I feel it is doing something right
    I plan on paper killing and small critter hunting mainly and as a home defense tool to join my other weapons,my question is will the EOTech sighting system work say as far out as 300 meters on critters the size of groundhogs and coyotes which we have plenty of. I will be using good varmint loads for hunting,not the milspec. This is my first post,so far I have found this site very informing and people seem very polite...Thanks,Larry Lee

Feedback Score
    Based on my background and training I feel like I should've known most of this but I didn't. Then again some weapons training is very specific in the larger calibers. Either way I wish I had read this thoroughly prior to ordering my custom AR. BTW, I never did find the so called 'The chart'.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-20-15 at 13:19.

Feedback Score
    what are the Ar's with the lever on the bolt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    what are the Ar's with the lever on the bolt?
    The side charging ARs? You will need a different upper. It's just more ergonomic to some that's all.

**oops. noticed i replied to a super old post. Sorry, trying to post my 30 so I can go on EE.

Feedback Score
    Thank you so much for writing this! It is very in depth and being new to ARs, and guns in general, it has given me so much information to take into consideration of buying an AR.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast